Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer, CanonMX922, keeps telling me there is no paper…

Customer Question
My printer, CanonMX922, keeps telling...
My printer, CanonMX922, keeps telling me there is no paper in the upper tray when I try to print. I have regular 8x10 paper in the lower tray and that is where I have always printed from. I can't figure out how to tell the printer this info.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/7/2015
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 3 years ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Are you still able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not from the computer)?
Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?
Does the menu on the printer and/or on the computer also shows the option paper source or tray?
When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,
I do not want anyone remoteoy hooking up to my computer. That sounds invasive to me. I just wanted my question answered. I will tell you that my computer is a mac. The printer has been working well until today when it told me the upper tray had no paper in it every time I went to print something. (The printer s wireless) I never have paper in the upper tray; regular letter size paper would not fit in that tray. What I really need is a manual for the printer but it did not come with one.
remoteoy = remotely
I turned the printer off last night and this morning the menu in the window is different. If I could just read about all this I would be fine.
I'm sorry, with remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403
I've done remote support for hundreds of customers previously. Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I can do all the steps for you. But if you do not want remote support, I will provide written instructions you can use for troubleshooting this issue.
Did you make any change on your computer or on your printer that may have caused the issue?
Are you still able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not print from the computer)?
Does this issue occur when printing a particular type of file, such as a web page, a document, a picture file, etc.? Or does it affect all?
Is the printing menu window on the computer's screen? And/or on the printer's screen?
Please reply at the box below; we guarantee our service. Thank you.