John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My 6150 printer cartridge is jammed. Now,following your advice,

Customer Question

My 6150 printer cartridge is jammed. Now,following your advice, I managed to pull off the 3 white tapes at the rear. I followed your advice on this page, but my cartridge still will not move, nor can I manually move it to the middle. Any advice?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. I can not see the page you are referring to, what exactly is the printer doing and what have you done so far?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Printer cartridge head is jammed to far left. No tabs sticking up. I do not see the sponge. The head cannot be moved from side to side.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
From what you just said you were reading a page working on a Canon printer not a Kodak. Your machine should not have the sponge like pads and if it did they would be on the right. Did you already remove the ink and print head before trying to move the carriage by hand?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can this be an instance where the ink sponge is filled, and the printer stops and must be replaced? (Canon did that to me). This is a Kodak ESP 6150. The print head parks under a plastic cover that does not permit removing the cartridges.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
No that only applies to Canon models. However Kodak uses extremely flimsy parts in their machines so they do tend to break easily, this is why the print head can be found for around $20 usually. Can you loosen the cartridges or print head? The carriage is what is stuck on your machine which can be caused by a few things. If the carriage itself is not damaged relieving a little pressure from it by loosening the cartridges for example should allow it to move.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have to leave for my work. Can we continue this later?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
No problem you can get back to me by going to justanswer.com and clicking on my questions at the top.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome.
.