Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just wanted to change my black ink cartridge on my Epson…

Customer Question
I just wanted to change...
I just wanted to change my black ink cartridge on my Epson Workforce 615 which I did and the printer is insisting that I change the the blue, yellow & red as well and will not let me continue unless I do.
I do not need to change the color cartridges at this time.
Please advise what to do !
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Printers
6/4/2015
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 3 years ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today. I apologize for the inconvenience, however the printer will not operate if any cartridge is expended or removed. It’s best to always have extra cartridges on hand. Please check the link below.http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?UseCookie=yes&infoType=FAQ&oid=130787&prodoid=63084670&foid=142781&cat=237989&subcat=237991 I apologize for the bad news. However, this is the honest answer I can give.Thank you.S H E F I N