Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer does not want to take the paper

Customer Question
my printer does not want to take the paper
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Printers
I bought new ink cartridges and Im trying to do the aligiment and it wont take the paper from the top feeder.
6/4/2015
Technician: VanMagnus Systems, Engineer replied 3 years ago
VanMagnus Systems
Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry for the issue but I am here to assist you in resolving it.
1) You can acquire some Laser Printing Cleaning Sheets and run them through the printer and it will clean the Pickup Rollers.
2) You can go to your local Office Store to acquire a can of Sprayaway 203 Rubber Cleaner. This allows for the build up of any and all materials that is embedded with in the Pickup Rollers.
3) If you have the manual for your Printer it shows how to remove your Pickup Rollers. You can remove them from the printer and turn them inside out if they are Rubber that can be removed form it's plastic wheel. Similar to rubber bands.
Please chime in and let me know of your results....
ok I went ahead and spray cleaner and now its taking the paper only from the left side the right does not take the paper and it goes in crook it.
Normally there are two to three Pickup Rollers the you will need to spray Sir or Madame.
Let me know of your results please....
ok so I have to take the rollers out to clean them. I dont know if I can do that
I need a manual
The manual Sir or Madame:
http://www.lexmark.com/publications/pdfs/2007/5600-6600/v7677571_en.pdf