Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have relocated and my printer and computer are set up but

Customer Question
when I try to print...
I have relocated and my printer and computer are set up but when I try to print it says it can't find the printer even though it has the correct printer number.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/4/2015
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 2 years ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your printer?
Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you
I have a Mac computer
What's the model of your printer?
Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you?
I have a Canon MX420
What is the brand/model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device?
What's the status of the wi-fi/wireless light / icon on the printer?
Can you go to the Wireless LAN setup menu on the printer's screen and connect to your wireless network name?
If you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer and fix the issue directly for you; it's quicker and easier for you that way.
When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,
Yes I am on the Wireless Lan setup menu and yes I am at my wireless network name. Now what do I do? I don't want to connect remotely because I don't want to pay any more for this.
When you are at your wireless network name, please connect to it, then let me know what happens. Also, if you'd like me to help you remotely, I can waive the remote support free, so there is no extra fee, so don't worry. Please let me know; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
It wants a passphrase when I hit the network name and would that be the same passcode that I am using for my wireless internet now? It would be ok to give me remote support.
Yes, the passphrase is your wireless internet passcode/password. It is case-sensitive. Please try and check.
If it does not work, or if you do not remember your Wi-Fi/wireless password, then let me know the brand/model of your internet/wireless modem/router device, and let me know if you have a laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, or Mac?
Yes, if I needed, I can connect remotely to your computer and fix. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
the wifi light is on and the model of the modem is Ubee.
Did you try my suggestion in my response in a couple of minutes ago? Please let me know. Thank you.
I put in my wireless password ***** made sure it was in the right case but it says: failed to connect to the access point. check the access point setting and try again. I tried this several times last night and it didn't work then either. My Mac is connected to wireless and I'm not having a problem getting on line.
Please confirm your wi-fi/wireless password ***** key by doing the folowing on your Mac that is connected to wireless:
1. Open Finder/Apple logo, then select Applications, then Utilities. Then open Keychain Access
2. If needed, select System under Keychains column on the left, and/or select All Items under Category on the left.
3. Then you'll see your network name on the right column. (It will have a kind of AirPort network password.)
4. Double-click on your network name.
5. Select tiny box at Show password.
6. Enter your Mac administrator's password, and press the Enter key. If you don't have one, just leave it blank and press the Enter key.
7. Then you will see your wireless password ***** security key. (It is case-sensitive.)
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
After I select the Show password ***** a window comes up that says OS X wants to make changes. Type an administrator's name and password ***** allow this. Then it says OS X wants to use the "System" keychain and there is then a place for Username and I typed in kcarrison and the next line says password ***** I tried all the passwords I have used and they aren't accepted.
I'm sorry. What is the brand/model of your internet/wireless modem/router device? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Bee interactive Corp model DVW 326.
Im sorry it's Ubee Corp. model DVW326.
Thank you. Can you please check at the back/bottom of the DVW326 modem device for the SSID (which is Wireless network name), and the (WPA...) Key/Password/Passphrase (it is case-sensitive.) Please let me know. Thank you.
SSID-(24GhzSSID)DVW326.EBA7DC-24G
Password (key)E274M13007483
WPS pin: 84728517
Should my cable company be able to help me with this also since they are the ones who set the wireless up in this house for me?
I don't think they would help, since this is about setting up your printer. I will continue to help you, so don't worry.
Yes, on the printer, select / connect to the wireless network name called DVW326.EBA7DC-24G, then enter the password/key as shown on the modem. It should has 13 characters and it all should be in uppercase. Please let me know. Thank you.
My printer doesn't give me that wireless network name but it has my name as the access point name. I selected my access point name and the password/key on my modem but it is 13 but a combination of letters and numbers and I did it exactly as it was but it still failed to connect the the access point.
Im sorry but I need to go to bed it is 12:25 am here and I will check my mail tomorrow for more answers from you.
Thanks.
I'm sorry. Please click on the website below:
http://192.168.100.1/
, then it should prompt you to login, then enter user for both the username and password (if it does not let you log in, then try your password)
, then click on the Wireless option
, then click on the Primary Network option
, then it will show your key/passphrase (it is case-sensitive.)
OK, good night, we will continue tomorrow. Thank you.
I tried this and it wouldn't take my password ***** the word user.
I'm sorry. Who set up your router previously? Please let me know. Thank you.
Cox Cable
You can ask Cox to see if they remember / know your Wi-Fi/wireless password.
Or you can press & hold the Reset button at the back of the modem/router DVW326 for about 15 seconds
, then it will let you log in the modem/router with user for both the username / password ***** the website http://192.168.100.1/
, then you can go to the Wireless option, Primary Network option and check.
But before resetting the modem/router, I recommend to connect an Ethernet/network cable from the computer to the modem/router device temporarily for now, and have the phone number for Cox ready, just in case there is issue with the internet after resetting the modem/router.
Please let me know. Thank you.
I already know my wireless password. I am using it right now for my computer. I wouldn't be able to be my computer without it. I just don't know why it won't take the password ***** my printer. I guess I will have to go and get someone from the Geek squad to come over and fix it.
I can't connect an ethernet/network cable from the computer to the modem because the modem is in another room.
I am so frustrated with this, I give up.
I'm sorry, this is not a laptop? Do you mean on the computer, if you click on the wireless / Wi-Fi icon at the top, then select/connect to your wireless/network name, and it would ask for a password, then you enter you Wi-Fi/wireless password, and it will take it? Please let me know. Thank you.
No it's not a laptop. I already said in the beginning of this conversation that it is an IMAC. I did click on the wireless/wi-fi icon and my network name and it doesn't ask me for a password.
I will have to call Cox Cable because when I try and print something it says it's not connected.
I'm sorry, the conversation was long, so I did not remember. Then how do you know you have the correct wireless password ***** it does not ask for it?
I do not want to disconnect the wireless from the iMac computer to test if your wireless password ***** ***** or not, since if you do not have the correct wireless password, then your internet would stop working on.
Do you have a laptop or tablet or smartphone, etc., so you can check your wireless password ***** it's correct or not?
First, you do not have the correct modem/router's login password ***** it could not log in at the router's website http://192.168.100.1. Secondly, the wireless/wi-fi password ***** not correct either; even if the wireless password ***** ***** I need to log in the router to adjust some settings in order to make it compatible with the printer, but your router's login password ***** ***** So you would either check with Cox for the router's login password ***** wi-fi/wireless password. Or you would have to reset the router. I think Cox will tell you to reset the router also.
Please let me know. Thank you.
Yes I have an iPhone and an iPad.
On the iPhone, go to Settings -> Wi-Fi, then tap on your wireless network name, then tap on the Forget option, then connect, then see if your wireless password ***** on the iPhone. Please let me know. Thank you.
You are right, the password ***** Cox cable gave me when they set it up does not work on my iPhone.
Thank you. That's why I really wanted to confirm the wireless password. I recommend to check with Cox first, then I'll continue fixing your printer issue. Thank you.
Im on the phone with Cox and then I'll get back to the printer issue.
OK, then make sure Wi-Fi works on the iPhone first before trying on printer as it's easier to type in the password ***** the iPhone.
Whenever you can, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician