Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Does the Canon Pixma MG5520 scan and send a PDF

Customer Question
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/3/2015
Technician: Freddy M., Technician replied 3 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
.
Hello again, it can yes but I believe it does not do it by default. You may need something like this:
http://www.softi.co.uk/scantopdf.htm
This may work for you as well:
http://download.cnet.com/Free-Scan-to-PDF/3000-18497_4-75936382.html
If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Hi Freddy,
The first suggestion does not work with an Apple Computer. I have looked at the second one but have not downloaded it. I will do that but need some time to figure it out. I will let you know probably by Monday what is going on. Thank you. B
.
I did not know you were on a Mac.
You can use the built in program on a Mac to do this:
(skip down to connect the scanner)
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204790
The PDF format option is under the advanced options.
.