Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Canon Pixma Pro9500 printer. In attempting to print…

Customer Question
I have a Canon Pixma...
I have a Canon Pixma Pro9500 printer. In attempting to print I get a good print except that a light band is produced near the right side of the print. It is the same color and appears to be aligned it is just a lighter color. I have done several deep cleans and head realignment. The band is about 1 inch wide and does not quite extend to the right side of the print which then becomes normal for about one half inch.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Printers
6/2/2015
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 3 years ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Hello!
Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Please try the following and let me know the response.
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.
If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.
If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT smiley face and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!
Thank you!
S H E F I N