Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

PRINTER: WF3640 - the problem is that people are sending faxes,

Customer Question
but I am not receiving...
pRINTER: WF3640 - the problem is that people are sending faxes, but I am not receiving them. I have checked the fax connection through the softwear on my computer and it reports Pass on all items...
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Printers
6/1/2015
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 3 years ago
Louie, Technician
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, a review / proposed tries and checks (if have not been done): • ensure that the telephone line cord from the telephone wall outlet is connected to the LINE port of the WF-3640;• use a regular phone and (temporarily) connect it to the printer's EXT port to be able to check for the presence and consistency of a dial tone;• verify that the different FAX settings are configured correctly particularly auto-answer/number of rings as prescribed by the User's Manual;• using another phone or even a cell/mobile, call the number tied to the Epson and determine if the WF-3640 would ring / auto-answer with FAX tone. Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.