Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a ipf 760 and ran out of matte black I have just blaCK…

Customer Question
i have a ipf 760...
i have a ipf 760 and ran out of matte black I have just blaCK AND REALLY NEED TO GET A PROJECT PRINTED OUT TODAY CAN i USE THE BLACK IN THE MATTE BLACK SLOT WITHOUT messing it up ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Printers
5/30/2015
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 3 years ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
The simple answer is no, you cannot. The printheads in that unit are very expensive, using an incorrect cartridge in the wrong spot could and should cause a permanent fault in the printhead.
You can purchase an off brand matte ink replacement here at a discount.
http://amzn.to/1AB8JON
You can purchase genuine Canon matte black here.
http://amzn.to/1SILmIV
And if you decide to take a chance and use the matte black ink, for reference here is where you can purchase a new printhead.
http://www.quikshiptoner.com/catalog/canon-imageprograf-ipf760-printhead
If you have further questions, let me know.
I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.