Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have the Epson WF 7520 which has been working fine until

Customer Question
yesterday. Now it won't...
I have the Epson WF 7520 which has been working fine until yesterday. Now it won't connect to my computer either wirelessly or with the cable. It starts to connect and print and then stops. When I try to resume printing I get a message on my computer that the printer is busy and not responding. When I cancel the print job and try again the same thing happens. I've checked the wi-fi settings and connections and the printer says it's connected and signal is excellent. I've turned the printer off and back on several times. I've also turned the WAP off and on. Help!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
5/30/2015
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 2 years ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Hello!
Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Are you getting any error code on the printer?
Are you able to copy like Xerox without using the computer?
May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 7?
Thank you.
S H E F I N
There is no error code on the printer. On a couple of my re-starts the printer said that the ip address was already being used. I have the ip address set automatically on the set up. However, after turning the printer as well as the WAP off and on I have not gotten that message againI am able to make copiesI am using a Macbook pro
Hi, Please try the following and let me know the response. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer. If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT smiley face and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N
I followed your instructions and am now able to print - thank you. However, now I cannot scan. When I choose scan on the Epson WF-7520 window it says that "an error occurred while communicating with the scanner." Do I need to do something further to reset the scanner now?
Hi, You may have to reset wireless settings on the printer. However, try the instructions in the link below.http://www.switchingtomac.com/tutorials/how-to-scan-in-os-x-using-image-capture/ If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT smiley face and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N