Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My hp 3050a j611g printer prints only selective information.

Customer Question
much of document is blank...
my hp 3050a j611g printer prints only selective information. much of document is blank and not printed
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
5/28/2015
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Engineer
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What specifically is printed, or not printed?Black/color? Certain areas of the page (horizontal blank lines)? If you make a photocopy, direct from the glass, in both black and color modes, what happens?
It just does not print all words in a sentence
Please specifically test a photocopy, in black only mode, from the glass for me, and let me know the results.Nathan
From my standalone pic ex. Thank you for shopping at Records. I Pad wireless thank you for shopping at www.4wheelparts.com please save this email for your records. tried usb and wireless from standalone. Same results
Pc not pic my bad
Yes I understand you have the issue with pc and ipad. I am asking you specifically to test a photocopy, directly from the glass.Can you please do that and let me know the results?
Photocopy works fine
And you tested black only mode as well as color mode?There are no skipped lines/words on either?
Yes
Okay thank you for confirming.Does this happen with the pc on all programs/prints (word doc, excel, photos, website, email, etc)?
Email, web yes. Tried office, Adobe 9 not responding. Not able to open any Adobe docs
The adobe issue is unrelated to the printer if it wont open.But if it happens on all applications, but other computers/tablet, then it is a pc/driver issue. Go into your devices/printers folder, Find the HP, right click on it, then on Remove Device.Then reinstall it, using the latest drivers, which you can download here:http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Deskjet-3050A-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---J6/4311836/model/5061081/drivers/
Now I'm getting a little upset. I tried this earlier with no success. Trying again. As said prints properly from ipad
I have no idea what you've done previously, as you did not mention that before.I understand it prints from the ipad, which means this is a pc issue. That is why I'm directing you to update the drivers like this.
Thanks
I'll get back to you
You're welcome. Let me know how it works out.Nathan
Not good
Do you have another pc that you can test with the printer, instead of checking the ipad?
Out for the night
No problem, take your time. However, I will be out of the office most of the day tomorrow, so I'm going to "opt out" of the question at this point. Another expert will pick this up and reply back to you with any other ideas.
Please omit rating me entirely, and do not respond back - either will return you to me and I don't want to keep you waiting while I am away. Instead just wait for another expert to reply to you, and you'll pick up from there. They will see our prior conversation.
Best of luck to you,
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 2 years ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer? What's the model of your computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
I will have to get back to you this evening after work
OK, this evening I'm available starting from 9PM Pacific time. Thank you.
After deleting my printer and reinstalling many times I was able to print again, no thanks to your co worker. I have spent much time on this and am back to square one with the original problems reported. I Feel your team is not able resolve my issue. I do not need or want your support!
I'm sorry. I'm another expert. I'm glad you got it working now. We're canceling / refunding your deposit. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time as you wish; we guarantee our service. Thank you.
Thank you
Dave
You're welcome. Thank you again for the update.
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician