Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Epsonxp310 I put new ink in , it said does,t recognize ink. It…

Customer Question
epsonxp310 I put new ink in...
epsonxp310
I put new ink in , it said does,t recognize ink.
It runs throughout peint but does not print?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Printers
5/27/2015
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 3 years ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Hello!
Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Please try the following and let me know the response.
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.
If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.
If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT smiley face and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!
Thank you!
S H E F I N
I did all of this and it still is,nt working
Hi, Please try the instructions in the link below and let me know if the issue persists.https://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/xp310_/xp310_ug/Source/Printers/Source/Ink_Functions/Tasks/XP310/cleaning_head_lcd_xp310.html Thank you.S H E F I N
this did not work. I called in and the Tech that answered had such a heavy accent, I could,t understand him. I told him to remove me from your membership and do not bill my credit card. I am too frustrated to do any thing further.
will you please check and see if he did what I asked?
I apologize for the delay in my response. If the issue still persists, the issue is with the printhead and you have to replace the printhead in order to get the issue resolved.
However, the printer has a non user removable printhead. So, you have to get the printer repaired. If the printer is old, it is better to get a new printer instead.
Unfortunately, except for business-grade workgroup printers, few modern printers are repairable, and fewer are worth repairing.
Most printers are now manufactured to a "replace not repair" standard. To understand why this is the case, consider the cold, hard, real-world cost of repairing a printer.
I understand that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.
Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.
Thank you.
S H E F I N
The printer is only a year old. I will have my grandson check it. Is the issue of my credit card resolved? I f not I will put a stop payment on it.
If the printer is only one year old, I would suggest you try the cleaning once again using isopropyl instead of water. Try cleaning using the printer control panel too.
Than you.
S H E F I N