Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

How to clean ink off the drum on a Fuji Xerox cp105b

Customer Question
how to clean ink off the drum on a Fuji Xerox cp105b
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Printers
5/27/2015
Technician: Michelle, Printer Expert replied 3 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you
please let me know if you are getting any errors on the printer
No
so do you wish to perform routine maintenance cleaning on the printer or are you facing specific issues while printing
let me know so that i may suggest accordingly
When I print the black ink lifts off the page and redeposit aprox 60mm later, I guess one rotation of the drum.
please open the below link that the printer manual
you may type the below link in the address bar of your browser
http://tinyurl.com/o9ypze3
in the manual you may refer specifically to page 139 , 155
troubleshooting and maintainence sections
try the steps listed and let me know if you face any difficulty
let me know if you have any questions
please click on a smiley face below or stars above to complete the rating if your question has been answered
Thanks for choosing Just answer
Miclelle,
I was under the impression that you would answer my question, that did not happen.
You just referred me to my manual!
That does not answer my question.
You also stated a deposit of $5.00 was needed & the balance would only be taken, after you solved my problem,
& after I rate your successful service. As you know this has not happened, but you say you went ahead & took the balance.
You did all this within 3min of starting.
If you can not resolve any of this then you need to return the balance.
Graham
I referred you to the manual so that you could easily see the steps on different kind of print quality issues based on your problem you could try the steps. i also asked you to let me know if you face any problem following the steps however it seems that you understood my response as an incorrect answer.
I will open the question to other experts so they assist you further.
Please do not reply to his message as i have opened the question to the printer experts and as soon as an expert will respond to this question you will get a new email.
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 3 years ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I need to know what is wrong with the printer... and why you need to clean ink off the drum. Normally the drum is untouchable - too easily harmed or damaged. Under some conditions and errors / breakages, it might be becoming coated with toner/ink... let me know if that is the case, if the drum remains solidly coated with toner.
I described my problem with ink, and re deposit approximately 60 mm latter, only on one side.
If ink is sticking to the drum, do not attempt to clean it off.
There is a 'doctor blade' or rubber wiper with a sharpish edge that is held against the drum and normally wipes off any excess toner... it may be defective, or have come loose along that 60 mm you speak of... If it is either corrected, or replaced, the problem may perhaps cease.
(Be sure not to touch the drum, of course, nor expose it to direct lighting for longer than 2 minutes out of every 30, nor dampen it, nor apply chemicals to it, nor abrade it, etc.)