Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I need to re attach the encoder strip on Lexmark x2470 printer.

Customer Question

I need to re attach the encoder strip on Lexmark x2470 printer. On the right side I
attached it to a hook, fed it thru the cartridge but then I was too short to attach
it to the left hook.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially and based on the above desc ription, then there would be a spring attached to 1 end of the encoder strip. Search the bottom of the printer as this spring may have been inadvertently dislodged/removed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what side does the spring attach to? can I take the lid completely off

to better find the spring?

Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.

Appreciate the post back.

Unfortunately, no copy of the exploded parts diagram from the Service Manual in my current location.

Perhaps another member could provide an alternate approach to your concern. This question would be re-opened as I would be opting out.

Still, good luck with the Lexmark.

This is not an Info Request.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I have a lexmark x2470 printer and the encoder strip came off. I'd like to know what the spring looks like and the part number of the spring so if necessary I can order another spring