Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Brother HL-2240D. How do I remove the paper that's jammed…

Customer Question
Brother HL-2240D. How do...
Brother HL-2240D. How do I remove the paper that's jammed in the duplexer?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/25/2015
Technician: Freddy M., Technician replied 3 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Please follow the steps on this page:
http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=eu_ot&lang=en&prod=hl2240d_all&faqid=faq00000310_006
If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
I believe I need a Brother printer tech--the duplexer tray doesen't appear to slide out the front as illustrated in the link.
.
Not all machines come with a duplexer, if yours has one it does indeed slide out that way. The only reason it wouldn't is if it was damaged and needs to be replaced.
.
.
It does, or I have the wrong model number of 2240D, all Brother HL-2240D with a duplexer has a removable one. The link I sent you is diagrammed on that exact model. Which since yours will not come out as I just told you means it is damaged. From the image it looks like the jam may have damaged it. I am going to opt out, since you do not believe it can be removed. Please do not rate or you may not get another reply from anyone else. If anyone else has an idea they will reply the same way I did.
.
Eventually I've discovered the fix. The web site neglected to mention that the access was from the rear, and you didn't notice that the photo I sent was the front.
Dave
.
I could not tell it was from the front from the image no, I most likely could have if it was further away but not that close.
.
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician