Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I purchasednew epson wf 4630 printer and it will print correctly…

Customer Question
i purchasednew epson wf 4630...
i purchasednew epson wf 4630 printer and it will print correctly from most applications, but when I try to print from the chrome browser (including gmail, or other applications) I onlt get blank pages. The same applications thru IE print correctly. I have reloaded printer drivers, un-installed and re-installed Chrome, updated printer firmware.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Printers
5/25/2015
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 3 years ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
Sometimes when printing from the web using Chrome. Its helpful to check the background graphics option.
To get there, press ctrl P on a page you want to print.. Then on the print dialog box on the left, click the + sign for more settings.
Then check the box for background graphics.
Also, make sure your page range and color settings are set appropriately, as well as the printer choice .
If you print with the background graphics option checked.. Are the pages still blank?
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
this does not fix it. If I try to print from a gmail it works in IE but not chrome. In both cases the background graphics option is checked. I am logged onto justanswer site in Chrome and can not print this page either (but I could in IE)
Understood. Something definitely is amiss with chrome. Its possible, that I can connect to your computer from here and try to repair the issue in person. Would you like to try that additional service?
what do you mean by "additional service"? How much does that cost? Do I get the original $18 back since uyou haven't been able to fix it?
if you want to connect, now is a good time
The initial fee still stands, the fee for the additional service would be on top of that fee. Ultimately, if I am unable to resolve the issue. You are entitled to a full refund of all fees. I will send the connection offer now, if you decide against a screen sharing / remote support session we can still try and continue via written communication.
Since you are having printing issues with chrome. Please do the following using a different browser, such as IE or firefox. Go to this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=1ed77d71-d9da-4183-9409-af4ec8602de0 Scroll down and click to agree . It will then ask you to download an elsinore screen connect file. Once downloaded. Make sure you open that file and run it, as it will connect us. If you run into any issues with the above steps, please reply and let me know. Dustin S.
no thanks, ***** ***** get a refund of the first $18 since that did not solve anything
do you have any other ideas under the first question and the "10 minutes of expert work time" or should I just declare it over and ask for a refund?
Online support for the big tech support service out of Best Buy, charges 70 for printer troubleshooting and repair. They do not offer a "fix or full refund" policy either. Since you have mentioned a refund I have included our refund request link below. http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund If you change your mind and would like to continue, youre welcome to respond. Thank you, *****
are you saying there is nothing else to try without the additional service?
You had asked for a refund of the initial fee. So I provided the refund link. If you want to continue with normal, written communication, wed need to hold off on the refund until its clear that I cant help you.
I have not rated this unsatisfactory nor submitted a refund request. I am waiting to hear what other answers you have.
I already re-loaded Chrome once.
Uninstalling chrome, or reinstalling it. Only touches the program files. What it doesnt touch are the user files, or app data files. So lets try the following. We need to go to the following folder and delete it Windows > run > %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data To get there, hold down the windows key on your keyboard ( two keys to the left of the spacebar ) Hold down the windows key, press R And then type in %appdata% and hit enter. If the screen that pops up shows that you are in app data, roaming.. Click app data at the top , and change it to app data , local. Once you are in the app data, local folder. Open the google folder, open the chrome folder. Now delete the User data folder. Then, restart your computer and start chrome. Attempt to print.. Any change?
that definitely improved some print jobs. Still testing different apps, but so far all are printing. Having some trouble with default settings, but at least so far all printing is working
In that case.. There must have been some corruption in your chrome data files. If you cant workout the default setting issues, let me know. We may need to wipe chrome completely out. ( including all its data files, not just the specific folder I chose to deal with the printing issue) D.S