Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

Epson fatal error

Customer Question

when i turn on my epson 2200p it makes a sound like a machine gun firing and then all of the red lights flash quickly and continue to flash fast, the paper red light and all of the ink lights.

Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
Was the printer working ok previously?
Check that there is no debris or packing material located inside the printer, then try turning it on again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it was working…then i rearranged my workspace and this problem started. i already looked for debris

Check that the printer is on a flat, even surface.
If it is, then the printer may need some lubricating...
Have a look at the shiny rail inside the printer this is the track for the print head. If it seems dry, then smear a trace of thin oil on it.
When it goes dry the print head will not slide freely as it should. The stepper motor will then stall and make a horrifying noise.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Do you need any further assistance?
Let me know,
Pete.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Pete,
I responded to your earlier message via email reply. You must not have gotten it. Anyway, my printer is still not working. I was desperate to solve the problem as I had some work I needed to complete before Wednesday, so I bought an Epson R3000 at Sammy's Cameras on Monday. Now I am out of town until next weekend. Can we work on this again when I return?