Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My computer is not recognizing my Lexmark S305 printer. Can I reinstal…

Customer Question
My computer is not recognizing...
My computer is not recognizing my Lexmark S305 printer. Can I reinstall using a S405 disk. My S405 quit working a short time ago and I made a mistake and thru out the wrong disk therefore I kept the S405 disk not the 305
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
5/24/2015
Technician: Freddy M., Technician replied 2 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
You can download the driver here:
http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=product&segment=DOWNLOAD&productCode=LEXMARK_IMPACT_S305&locale=en&userlocale=DE#1
Choose your operating system and then the version.
Then the recommended one after that should be the complete drivers for your version.
It is possible your USB cable has failed as well, disconnect and reconnect both ends in case it is loose.
If it was not and the reinstall does not help try a different cable.
If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
That did nothing. Can I reinstall by using my S405 disk. Nothing downloaded. The printer pic still appears on my printer/devices but not workable. Cannot make it default printer
.
Both machines should use the same drivers, do that disc should work yes. However, It seems you did not read my entire answer as it seems you did not do this from your reply:
.
I have disconnected many times Also used another identical cable. I entered info requested also
.
Did you install the download? Just saving it to the computer is not enough you would need to run it as well. What happens when you try to make the printer default? What version of windows or mac are you using?
.
The side of (old) computer says windows 7 64-bit. I did not see the word run. It didn't seem to download anything How do I go back try again
.
It may have said open rather than run. Go to this page:
Run/open the download after saving it.
.
It said English but after filling in info it is in German just like last time.
.
You never said anything about anything being German before. I am going to opt out and open this to all experts.
.
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 2 years ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another expert. Do you still need help with this issue?
What happens when you set the printer as default? What is there error or message?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Using the S405 disk worked. Thank you
That was part of my orig question but I guess I didn't see that part of the orig answer. Thanks again
You're welcome. Great. Do you need help with anything else today? Please let me know. Thank you.
No not at this time. Tks
You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you for the update.
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician