Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

I own an a canon PIXMA MP800 printer. Error keeps coming up

Customer Question

I own an a canon PIXMA MP800 printer. Error keeps coming up that printer does not recognize the printer head. Cleaned printer head with distilled water. Very clogged. Worked ok for a while but now back to error. Suggestions? Where can I find a new printer head?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Is it that same exact error every time? For example if you got B200 as well you could have failing board rather than a failing print head.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The same exact error keeps coming up. So what is the root cause? what are the two parts that may need to be replaced? Should I proceed to replace the printer head and If I do.....WHERE CAN I BUY ONE.

Or should should I take it to a repair facility?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You still haven't given me the error code number you are getting, what is the error number? I can not answer properly until you give me that. I gave you an example of B200 is that what you're getting?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is no error code that appears on the printer screen. All it says is "you have the wrong printer head, install the right one and try again"

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok that should have either U051 or U052 as a code normally. Remove the ink and then look at the carriage. You should see a latch or lever you can lift. That will allow you to remove the print head. It sits under the cartridges in the carriage. Take only the print head and soak it in warm water for 10 minutes. Then change the water and repeat this. Keep repeating it until after 10 minutes the water is clear. Then let it air dry for 10 minutes. Do not test it yet but insert the print head and cartridges. Use the cleaning built into the machine once and then test it.If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.