Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Brother MFC-J430W. When I scan, where does it go…

Customer Question
I have a Brother...
I have a Brother MFC-J430W. When I scan, where does it go on my computer, or what do I have to do on my computer? The information book does not say?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Printers
5/24/2015
Technician: VanMagnus Systems, Engineer replied 3 years ago
VanMagnus Systems
Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. It is an easy to resolve for you.
How to change settings for Scan to File:
Click the Scan tab and right-click the File button. Then, choose Button settings.
Scan to File
The settings window for Scan to File will appear. Configure the settings and click OK. For example, you can set the prefix text used for the file name of the scanned data in the File Name box. You can also set the folder to save the scanned data in the Destination Folder or Scan Location box.
Or you can go to:
http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=eu_ot&lang=en&prod=dcp7055w_us_eu_as&faqid=faq00002780_001&pfs=1#scan_file
In the section:
How to change settings for Scan to File.
This will show the default save path where your docs are currently being saved.
Chime in if any more assistance is needed.
I am not asking how to set it up, I am asking whee the scan goes on my computer.
Oh sorry I did not explain it properly Sir or Madame.
The link above shows you, when you follow the steps, It show you how to change the current location. Yes it does do that. But, it also shows you where the current location if where the documents are being stored. Though you can change it's location if you desire.
Are all computers the same, or do you presume everyone has the type of computer you are referring to. Did you ask me what type of computer I am using ? I have no Scan Tab to right click on. I have an I Mac.
You do have the proper Management software installed, correct?
If not:
http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=eu_ot&lang=en&prod=dcp7055w_us_eu_as
Choose your OS X version and away we go....
I have used the scanner 2 years ago, so it worked then. Unfortunately I do not remember how it worked. My Mac is 10.10.3
So you installed the 10.10 drivers yes??
VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer