Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The printer will print images ut not words Jos BNorgatt

Customer Question
the printer will print images...
the printer will print images b ut not words
Jos BNorgatti
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Printers
5/23/2015
Technician: Freddy M., Technician replied 3 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Have you tried cleaning it yet? Please make a copy from the scanner glass so the computer is not used at all and let me know if black prints on the copy.
.
it printed a picture but would not print a black nabd whiter memo with words
.
That is why I asked you to try a copy that means the black nozzle is not working and may be damaged. Have you tried cleaning it yet?
.
how does one find the black nozzle?
.
You don't it is part of the print head which is a solid piece, it has nozzles for each cartridge, please answer the question I have asked twice now. Have you tried cleaning the machine yet?
.
went through the cleaning process; then tried toprint , anf=d it showed no b lack. os tnat mean I have to go out and buy a new cartridge? THe one I hve was just installed the day before..
.
That sounds like you did a software cleaning.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
There is an area on the cartridge that when pushed ink will come out that is normal, just get any dried ink off that area.
Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.
If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.