Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an wf2630 that will not operate the error message is…

Customer Question
I have an wf2630 that...
I have an wf2630 that will not operate the error message is turn off thr power and turn on again. Have tried this many times with no result.
Please help
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Printers
5/23/2015
Technician: Freddy M., Technician replied 3 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. What is the exact and entire error including any numbers?
.
it appears the wi fi is not connecting from the printer where as all other computers in our house are connected ok to our wi fi. i guess this is the problemb
.
Yo9u said you were getting an error, I need that error like I just mentioned.
.
the error message said turn power off and turn it back on again
.
I need the exact and entire error including any numbers as I said in my original reply.
.
there are no numbers message states "Turn power off and on again"
.
I am going to opt out and open this to all experts as there should be more to the error.
.
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 3 years ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
Id like to help you fix this issue. To start out, can you open the printer, remove all ink tanks.
Then, unplug the printer from power.
Wait five minutes. And then, plug the printer back in. ( dont insert the ink tanks)
Do you still get the turn off and on message?
If not, what do you see.
Yes the same message is displayed with the ink tanks removed the blue power light is blinking
Hmmm.. That model has a non replaceable printhead. Well, to be precise it can be replaced, but its not your average part replacement. Very very difficult.
It could be that your printhead is jammed, or dirty. Or there could even be a paper jam somewhere in the machine. Or other debris preventing the carriage / printhead from moving properly.
Can you try this.. With the machine open, unplug it from power, plug it back in. Turn it on.
**Watch** and **listen** does it make any grinding or ticking noises?
What parts move, or try to move?
the printer is brand new i have returned it to the shop and received a replacement printer under warrantee all good thanks for your attempts to remedy.
Understood, and considering its a brand new printer. Returning it was your best option.
Since we were unable to assist you, the link below may be of interest to you.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund
Dustin S.
John, Computer Science Engineer