Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Had a paper jam, removed paper from back Read more: http://www.justan…

Customer Question
Had a paper jam, removed...
Had a paper jam, removed paper from back of printer, now I have a message that says "unable to print error 5A" What can I do to fix this problem?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Printers
5/21/2015
Technician: Freddy M., Technician replied 3 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Is it the same number every time?
.

Yes, same number every time.

.
Open the machine, which side is the print head on? In this picture the hand is grabbing it on the left.

It is on the far right hand side.

.
Can you see it or is it stuck underneath?
How old is the machine?
If over a year old did you happen to get an extended warranty?
.

I am very dissatisfied with your service. You advertise 24 hour service yet I have been trying to get a final answer since super early this morning. I tried to contact you by phone and no answer. Do not bill me monthly. Also, I am requesting a full refund. Please advise.

Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 3 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.

can you get the cartridges out and put them back in again ?

something is blocking the print head from moving. check for anything that might be jammed in it or see if you can move it a little bit on the carriage without forcing it.