Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have an Epson XP-610 & comes up with the error code:0x10

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just need this answer & then I don't want to pay any more!
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble.
This error pertains to a scanner fault, which is almost always an internal hardware failure, meaning the scan head assembly is jammed up or a logic board failure. In rare cases, it can be caused by an obstruction. If you lift the lid over the glass and look inside with a flashlight, do you see any foreign materials inside? Scraps of paper, etc?
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
If you see nothing inside, then it would be an internal hardware fault, which isn't surprising to see as the result of damage from a power surge or even just from normal wear and tear for a 2 year old model (they are built for only a 3 year service life).
The one remaining step you can try is to fully reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release
Failing that reset process, it would confirm an internal fault, which would require repairs to correct. Unfortunately, once the 1 year warranty is up, these units just are not worth fixing. You'd be looking at a $200-250 repair job, while you could replace it with a brand new printer with a fresh warranty for around $80.
If looking for a replacement, I’d recommend any of the Epson workforce series printers. They tend to be very reliable, are easy to set up and use, have good print quality, and reasonably priced ink. Example: http://amzn.to/1F4fCYC
The workforce models tend to be better built than the expression series.
Best regards,