Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My HP PC crashed. Can I purchase a driver software to download

Customer Question
to get my pc going...
My HP PC crashed. Can I purchase a driver software to download to get my pc going again?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/18/2015
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 2 years ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. What's the exact model of your HP PC, such as 2000-2b19wm?
Does it have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8?
Does it show anything on the PC's screen right now?
Is there any noise when turning on the PC?
What did your friend try?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
windows7, windows logo and password (forgot password), tried a "password *****" software
I just sent $26. How long is this good for?
It is good until everything is done; there is no time limit, so don't worry. Does it show a name or username at the password ***** login screen?
Is it okay to reset the HP PC fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh with a new password ***** want?
nothing on the log screen and yes to the second question (start anew).
To confirm, when you turn on the PC, it shows windows loading? Does it show Windows 7 on the screen at any point after turning on the PC? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
shows w-7 and the pc is extremely SLOW
Thank you. Can you please shut down the PC
, then turn the PC back on
, then right away, keep pressing & releasing the key F11 quickly and repeatedly until you get a Recovery menu
Please let me know, so I can provide the next step. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
I don't have the pc right in front of me. I am using another computer away from home.
this is the reason i am asking if i can purchase a software to use to restart my pc.
Sorry, when you have access to the HP PC, you you can try my steps, then select the system recovery option. If that does not work, then you can purchase a recovery / operating system disk from HP. Please provide me the full model, such as 2000-2b19wm (you can check at the back/bottom of the HP PC.) Please get back to me whenever you can to continue. Thank you.
I cannot log on because I have forgotten my password ***** can I possibly use your steps if the pc is the only "computer" I have in my home?
Can you please print out my steps or write down my steps, then try it at home?
1. Turn off the HP PC.
2. Turn on the HP PC.
3. Then right away, keep pressing & releasing the key F11 quickly and repeatedly until you get a Recovery menu
4. Select the System Recovery option, and continue the on-screen instructions.
I can also show you the website link where to purchase the recovery / operating system disk right now, but that would require you to know your exact HP PC model.
Please let me know the result any time after trying. If it does not work, please check at the back/bottom of the HP PC for the exact full model of your HP PC, such as 2000-2b19wm, or 2000-2d89nr, etc. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
The steps didn't work. Model number for laptop: HP 2000-369 WM Notebook PC
I'm sorry about that. In this case, can you please click on the HP website below and order the recovery software media there:
https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/mediaOrder?cc=us&lc=en&productOid=5171088&softwareitem=667564-001
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician