John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a DCP115C printer and the red light is flashing

Customer Question

I have a DCP115C printer and the red light is flashing and it is saying Unable to clean see trouble shooting and routine maintenance chapter in users guide which I have not got, can you help me please
Category: Printers
Expert:  DrKlahn replied 2 years ago.
Good evening from the USA. (Local time here is 23:58 PM.) I'm Bruce, and my expert nickname is "DrKlahn."

The system says this is your first visit to JustAnswer. I find that new users often skip or do not notice some information during question setup. It is boilerplate but it is very important.

• Prices and payments issues must be handled by Customer Service.

• JustAnswer is not the official Brother printers support site. That is why there is a fee. I support products from many manufacturers and I happily troubleshoot all issues, including those where a manufacturer says "The problem is not in our product."

• Experts are not salaried or paid hourly. My assistance goes unpaid without your positive rating.

• If the problem involves hardware, please have it at hand so that you can work with it.

• Patience is required during Q&A. I get responses by email, which takes up to 8 minutes. Then I have to prepare and type a reply. Please allow for this.

• JustAnswer provides services 24/7, but both experts and customers have daily schedules. If you respond significantly later it might be the next day before I can reply.

Now that you've read the above, please let me know if you'd like to proceed. I have got an approach that should temporarily clear the problem, but the cause is a long-term issue that must soon be addressed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did not think it would be so complicated to get an answer and as it is an old printer it will not be worth fixing thank you .

Expert:  DrKlahn replied 2 years ago.
No problem. I will request that Customer Service refund your deposit.