Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have error code 077-311 on Xerox 700 and error code 010-342 on Xe

Customer Question
Hi i have error code...
Hi i have error code 077-311 on Xerox 700 and error code 010-342 on Xerox C75.
Any advice?
I tried restarting each printer; replaced the fuser; but nothing helped
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
5/10/2015
Technician: VanMagnus Systems, Engineer replied 2 years ago
VanMagnus Systems
Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Well the fist issue refers to what is called a "Invert Release Failure code" and for this try the procedure below:
- Open the cover on the tray http://www.support.xerox.com/srvs/images/DC700/dc700-bt-cover-open.jpg
- Inspect the paper feed entrance area and remove any jammed paper http://www.support.xerox.com/srvs/images/DC700/dc700-bt-feed-jam-rem.jpg
- Remove all the sheets of paper from the tray http://www.support.xerox.com/srvs/images/DC700/dc700-bt-torn-ppr-rem.jpg
- Fan the paper and make sure that all four corners are neatly [aligned. Register the stack of paper or media against the right side of the tray. The paper or media must not be loaded above the maximum fill line. http://www.support.xerox.com/srvs/images/DC700/dc700-bt-load.jpg
- Close the cover on the tray http://www.support.xerox.com/srvs/images/DC700/dc700-bt-cover-close.jpg
- Turn the device off by using the on/off switch
- Wait 90 seconds
- Turn the device on by using the same on/off switch
Now the second error 010-342 means "Fuser Belt Speed Faults." This is generally fixed by cycling the Power off and on. If not, your machine will need a visit from the Service Provider Sir or Madame.
Chime in and let me know of your results....
I am not satisfied with this response.
I do not have any jams in the paper trays and there wasn't any jam when the error occurred.
Sir or Madame, nothing above stated "Jammed Paper." Where did you see that? The procedure may be similar to a jam clearing but you are looking for a different thing all together.
Do you have any other advice to try?
Upon advice from another tech, I tried cleaning all the sensors near the paper trays to no avail
Ok, please do a search for the PWS Tool for Xerox. Here is a youtube to assist with it's use:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsgKYXjpPYY
Also what you must do to clear the error is:
THE BELT HOME POSITION TOO LONG
If this fault is declared 3 times in succession, the print mode will be disabled. In order to clear this condition, reset NVM location 741-105 to 0.
Check the opening/closing of the Front Cover.
Turn the power OFF then ON.
Check that the Transfer Belt is in the center (where the IBT Belt Edge and the IBT Belt Frame are approx. the same distance from the front and rear). Center if required (see REP 9.3).
Perform ADJ 9.13 Belt Edge Learn Cycle
You write above " Inspect the paper feed entrance area and remove any jammed paper" - there is no paper jammed
"Remove all the sheets of paper from the tray " - tray 5 did not have any paper loaded when the error occurred. The paper in the other trays have been removed and reinserted properly to no avail.
As to your second option: the transfer belt seems to be in the proper position. I cannot reset NVM location because I cannot get into the system; the machine gives the error and needs to be shut down. Please explain where and how I can make this change. Thank you.
OK.
Instructions on how to install it on your PC:
http://docslide.us/documents/gsn-pws-9-9-install-instructions-non-xerox.html
Also, if there is no paper in the device. You can always consider using canned/compressed air to blow out the Paper paths....
Try this procedure:
1. Hold down 0 (zero) key for 10 seconds and then press the START Button.
2. Then Enter 6789...confirm
3. Press Log in/Log out Button or the Key Button
4. Press System Settings, common settings, Maintenance, NVM Read/Write
5. Enter NVM 741-105 and change it to Zero (0)
I'm sorry. I am still unsure what you are asking me to do. I should download the PWS Tool and use it to reset the belt using the instructions above (hold down 0...)?
Ok... First try the Reset Procedure just sent to you. No PWS is required for that to work Sir or Madame....
I apologize, where am I holding down the 0 key If the printer screen is down due to the error?
The printer is accessed also through a Fiery.
Oh, the Screen is down Sir or Madame???
When the machine gives this error 077-311, it says the system needs to be shut down. Obviously, the screen is thus not working!
OK... Where in the USA are you? I mean the closest Major City?
We are located in Brooklyn, NY.
Our service provider is Carr Business Systems
Ok. With the error you reported Sir or Madame. You have a critical stop error for all intensive purposes. Get your Service Provider to resolve this for you. Sorry, it looks like in the above information you did not state that the Keys/keypad was dark....
Sorry, I did specify this earlier: "As to your second option: the transfer belt seems to be in the proper position. I cannot reset NVM location because I cannot get into the system; the machine gives the error and needs to be shut down. Please explain where and how I can make this change."
I appreciate your time but do not wish to pay for it as I did try several times to explain that I couldn't follow your advice.
Thank you.
VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer