Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

My Brother mfc4710 is printing extremely slowly whether it is on wireless network or plugg

Customer Question

My Brother mfc4710 is printing extremely slowly whether it is on wireless network or plugged directly into the computer with a usb cable.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
windows 8.1
Did the shop use the same USB printer cable?
Did you try to disconnect the power cord from your modem/router device for a few minutes, then reconnect and check?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no but the cable is brand new. I have restarted the router but not switched it of
OK, please disconnect the power cord from the router for a couple of minutes, then reconnect, and wait a bit, then check wireless printing. (Make sure USB printer cable is not connected to the computer.) Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have restarted the modem and reconnected the printer to the wireless network. Nothing will print now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The computer is saying that the printer is offline but the printer is clearly connected to the wireless network
Please go to "Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers", then right-click on the Brother printer(s) there, and remove it for now
, then click on "Add a printer" option at the top, and it should detect your wireless printer, then add it
, then check printing.
If needed, please go to wireless / WLAN setup on the printer device, and connect to your wireless network name and check.
Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is giving a selection of two of the same printer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
One just has the IP address and the other is http://192.168.1.5:80/webservices/device
Select the one with just the IP address only. Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it is now recognizing the printer but it is printing very slow still
If you create a new administrator account in Control Panel -> User Accounts, then restart the computer, then log in the new account, does it print fine in the new account? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay in reply. I set up a new administrator account restarted the computer and logged into new account. Still printing very slow.
Sorry, you did uninstall the Brother program before reinstalling it right?
1. Please try this first: click Start->All programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred, then check.
2. If that does not work, please download and run the automatic printing fix at the website below, and check:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/printing_problems/en-us?wa=wsignin1.0
3. If that still does not work, please download and install the Tweaking Windows repair tool at the website below:
http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html
; use the Direct "Download link" there to download and install.
, then close all programs
, then run it, then only run the "System File Check", then check.
, if that does not work, go to the Repairs tab, then open repair
, then select the option "Restart/Shutdown System When Finished", then select option "Restart System", then click on Start Repairs
; this will take long, up to an hour or more
, when it's done, the computer will restart, then check printing.
When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,