Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a Cannon MX922. I was printing an envelope & it jammed

Customer Question
( ERROR 1300 ) I...
I have a Cannon MX922. I was printing an envelope & it jammed ( ERROR 1300 ) I took the rear cover off & removed the envelope very easy. I still get the ERROR code 1300. I have tried the following steps with no resolve:
1. Turned the printer off, waited several minutes & powered back on. NO HELP
2. Unpluged both USB Cable & Power Cord, waited several minutes & powered back on. NO HELP
3. Did a very through search for any jams but nothing found.
Question: Is there a RESET oh the printer that I can perform?
Any other solution would be appreciated. This is a fairly new printer, I have only had it NEW since February 1st 2015.
Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
5/8/2015
Technician: Freddy M., Technician replied 2 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Is the error showing on the printer or the computer?
.

Error on the Printer, the ERROR Code showin now is ERROR CODE 311

.
Error 311 should only show on the computer and would normally be a communication error. What version of windows or mac is on the computer? How is the printer connected?
.

Win7

Conect by USB

.
Please disconnect both ends of the USB cable.
Then open the print que on the computer and cancel anything in it.

Connext the USB cable back to both but use a different port on the computer.
Try printing something again.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.

I followed your steps.

I unplugged USB, there was nothing in Print Que to cancel, Plugged USB back in using a new USB Port. Same error code on the front of the printer. Even when I power the printer off the same ERROR Code appears immediately. It will not allow me to do any thing at all. The Error Code stays on constantly.

.
Is the error there if you completely disconnect the USB cable and turn the printer off and on?
.

yes

.
Let's force it to recheck for issues.
Turn the machine off and unplug it.

Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

.

I performed those steps & still have same ERROR CODE. I just received an email from your web site that the printer needs to be replaced as it is within warranty.

The email stated: If you would like us to process the Warranty Exchange, please reply with your approval.

Please process the claim for me & send me the process claim information.

I thank you for your help

.
This site would never said something like that as that is not something we can do.
.
Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 2 years ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator

Hi:

I'm Gina and I’m a moderator for this topic. It looks like your question may have been meant for a different company, possibly Canon as JustAnswer does not carry warranty support.

We, JustAnswer, match people with questions to Experts with answers in areas like Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Financial, Legal, Home Improvement and more.

I would be happy to try to assist you in finding the web address of the company you are looking for if you can confirm that for me.

Please let me know if you want to continue or cancel your question and I'm happy to further assist you.

Thank you,
Gina~Moderator

I already have been in touch with the Cannon Tech Site & they are processing a replacement.

Question: I will not be charged any additional funds outside the $18 that I have already paid ? I did not agree to a monthly membership, just this one problem.

Hello:

I'm glad Cannon is taking care of your problem for you. :)

I'll go ahead and close your question for you and I will go ahead and return your fee to the original funding source for you as you reached JustAnswer in error.

I can also confirm that you did not sign up for a subscription offer so there will not be any additional fees.

No need to reply to me or it will reopen your question.

Thank you and have a wonderful day :)

Gina
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician