Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

I have a Canon all-in-one PIXMA MX310. Now all of a sudden

Customer Question

I have a Canon all-in-one PIXMA MX310. Now all of a sudden I can't print anything due to the LCD message I keep getting-----PAPER JAM--CLEAR PAPER JAM AND PRESS OK.
This is a bogus error message because there is no paper jammed anywhere. What should I do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
Please open the printer cover and let me know, if the cartridges can move to the replacement position, automatically or not ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes they move automatically to the beginning (far left of printer)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are you still there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you still working on the question----just let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please give me a clue that you are still working on this!!! Or I have to log off ---
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, I could not get back to you due to some technical problem. Please reply me back, if you want to continue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well I'd like to fix my problem of that bogus lcd error message so I can print again. I just got back from running my errand, so if you have any ideas I will go ahead with it.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
So, the cartridges do not stop at the replacement position ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes they do go back to the replacement position.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Did you got this error message, as soon as you powered on the printer or after you printed something ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I hit print, the LCD will show 'printing... ' for a few seconds and you hear the rollers going and then suddenly it shows the words "PAPER JAM, CLEAR PAPER JAM AND PRESS OK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you gone? It shows that you are offline!
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the update, now the problem you are facing is caused due to real paper jam or sometimes due to carriage jam or due to defective paper sensor. As you can see there is no paper jam and the cartridges can move freely without any problem, it means the problem is the sensor. The solution for this problem is replacing the sensor. But, the main problem is the replacement procedure is that, you have to completely dismantle the printer and then get a new sensor from any repair shop for the replacement.
As the printer is out of my reach, it is not possible for me to repair the printer. I can only help you get a service manual, from which you can find the steps to dismantle the printer and the exact location of the sensor.
Please let me know, what you want to do, but before you proceed, please be sure that, you will get the sensor from any repair shop, as most of the shops do not sell the parts like sensors , separately.