John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My canon MG4250 has been working ok with my acer c720,

Customer Question

Hi, my canon MG4250 has been working ok with my acer c720, but when I came to print something the other day, my laptop showed a caption which said that the printer had been off line for more than a week. I'm rubbish with it technical stuff, how can I get the laptop and printer connected to each other?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
1. Unplug the routers power cable and let it sit for 2 to 3 mins.2. unplug the printer power as well and let it sit.3. Connect the routers power back and let it turn on and bootupwait for 3 mins to get the router booted up and be stablenow turn the pc/computer on and let the computer connect to the wireless and verify the pc is connected to the internet using wireless service.4. Now turn the printer power on and let it boot as well.Now try to print and tell me if it prints or not.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Michelle, no it hasn't printed and the caption still says its been offline
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
what is the operating system you have on the computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its googlechrome
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
was the printer working fine earlier
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, and it still seems to photocopy ok
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
click on google chrome open it and then click on the chrome menu button right on the top right hand side with three lines icon. Open it and let me know when you are there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, found it but had to come out of screen to get back to you
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
you can switch between the two screen by pressing alt and tab keys together.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
you can switch between the two screen by pressing alt and tab keys. click on the setting option from the menu and let me know when you are there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think I can now switch as I have both tabs at top now
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Clicked on settings, but couldnt keep screen when switching back, but i have googlechrome tab now at top of screen
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
the settings comes on a different tab on the top all you have to do is click on the chat tab to come back to chat
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
go the settings tab and scroll down the bottom
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Click on show advance setting you will find it at the bottom
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
let me know when you are there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok i did that
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
but i still cant get back from the menu screen to you without clicking x top roght
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
do you need remote assistance i can remote access and fix it for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, ok. Am sure you'll have more success
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
please open the website www.teamviewer.comin page that opens, click on green button that says" start full version:it will downlaod a file teamviewer exedownload and run\open the fileonce installed teamviewer window will openlet me know the id and password ***** left side
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That page doesnt have a green button saying start full version
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
yes start full version its free
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
None of what I can find matches what you say. I've clicked on Teamviewer and support and nothing has happened
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Click here
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
after you install it let me know the id and the password ***** teamveiwer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Says its not compatible with googlechrome
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Don't know what you think, but this doesn't seem to be getting anywhere and is just bogged down. I'm going to stop now. Please refund the unexpired portion of the time I've paid for.
Bill
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
its a very simple process it take only mins to follow the steps i gave