John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Sorry bout that it would not let me replyive got a canon pixma

Customer Question

sorry bout that it would not let me replyive got a canon pixma mg 2965 and need to replace ink catridges but cant seem to find a way to get to the cartidges inside the printer
Category: Printers
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially with the unit turned on and tray extracted, have you tried opening the cover?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ive closed all openings and have looked all over every inch of printer but cant seem to find my way in, my epsom was much easier

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the cover wont open, is there a speacal way to do that?

Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
I understand. Please click HERE for a reference/illustrated instruction on the MG series.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok one more queion the colour ink is still full is there a reason why it wont print what i need ? all that comes out is plane paper?

Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Yes, a likely possibility is that the print head is dirty and/or clogged. Have you attempted a cleaning?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no i havent is this haed , can i try it now?

Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Yes please; click HERE for the MG series reference.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

just got an alchol swaband wiped down both cartridge and the inside where it connects tinto printer

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

inside the printer was pretty dirty

Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
I understand. Have you allowed for sufficient drying time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yea i have put it back in and should i try and print some colour picture and see what happens?

Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Yes, that would be the only way to see if the cleaning was corrective. In some instances, the cleaning may have to be done several times.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yea just tried it and still comes out blank and now its comeing up with a saying thtat it cant find printer an yet ive got it connected through usb??? plus i checked ink levels and it reckons there all three quaters full? what shall i do ? can u please help me louie?

Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Can you please check that everything is connected and setup with the printer? And then try turning off and then on again the printer? ...then try rebooting the computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok will do that straight away

Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Appreciate your patience and updates.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

will let u know

Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Cheers.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

nah mate still all blank? shall i try an give a better again?

Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
If cartridges are still with sufficient ink and yet no/blank print; then yes please, attempt further cleaning. It is of course also possible that the print head may have issues other than dirt/clogged.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

well im gunna try once more then can we try fix the print head? cause dads been useing it non stop without any problems

Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
The cleaning is the only easy user doable attempt. If still non-corrective, then the print head may have failed and/or been clogged that no amount of cleaning can remove. Please re-try the cleaning and post back test results.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

mac wont recognise the printer so all i wanna do now is connect via bt to ipad mini?

Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Have you checked/replaced the USB cable? ...and try the other USB ports of the Mac?