Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

My Canon MG5320 home printer came up with a error 6A81 it said

My Canon MG5320 home printer came up with a error 6A81 it said to turn it off and back on but that does not work what can I do
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

This is a hardware fault of the printer, I can only give you the steps to solve the problem, you have to follow them and if some spares is defective then, you have to replace it to solve the problem, if you are ready to continue then, let me know and I will give you the solution, but remember if some spare is defective, you need to replace it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I Will try what ever you say to try

Ok, first open the printer cover and let me know, if the cartridges can move to replacement position or seems to be jammed ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They are jammed they won't move

Ok, please turn off the printer then, try to slide the cartridges with your hand and let me know, if you are able to do so or not ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The printer is off and I still can not move the cartridges

Do not apply to much force, I have understood the problem, the error code, you are getting indicates problem with the waste ink absorbers, which are situated just below the parking position of the cartridges, these are nothing but a piece of sponges fitted in a plastic bracket. Sometimes these absorbers are stop working and the printer give this error code, then, we can solve the problem by adjusting the absorbers, but in your case, it seems the pads have popped out from the chambers and blocked the cartridges and that is why, the cartridges are jammed and even after powering off the printer, you are unable to slide them.

So, as the problem is clear now, I will discuss about the solution. To solve the problem, you have to remove the top casing of the printer and then remove the printhead and after that you will be able to adjust the absorbers.
As this is a online site, I can only help you to get a service manual for the printer, with which you will be able remove the casing and other required parts, otherwise you can take it to any local repair shop and get it repaired, this is a 10 mins. job for any trained tech.

Please let me know, what you want to do ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will buy another printer thank you for your help

OK, as you wish, that is also a good idea.