Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

What does the Error Code OxF1 mean ?

What does the Error Code OxF1 mean ?
12/30/2013
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Michelle :

0xF1 means there is a paper jam. Are any of the lights on the machine flashing? Are any of them solid red?

Michelle :

Is there anyway you can take a picture of the control panel for me?
It should have icons like this or similar.

Full Size Image
View Full Image
Customer:

This is a new machine. I loaded it with paper but have not been able to use it. The power button is flashing. I can take a picture if need be.

Customer:

Don't see any paper jams, but then it is new too and has never had paper run througth it.

Customer:

Only the blue power button is flashing. Nothing else.

Customer:

Are you still there ?

Customer:

Where can I email a picture if you need it ?

Michelle :

hi

Customer:

Are you still helping me ?

Michelle :

sorry for the delay

Michelle :

you can post the picture here on this chat

Customer:

Ok will try

Michelle :

open the cover

Michelle :

remove cartrides

Michelle :

remove papers

Michelle :

There would be some piece of paper, clips, paper sticker or something which might be stuck inside the printer

Customer:

Took paper out of paper tray took ink out . I don't see any paper or clips.

Michelle :

insert the cartridges close the tray install papers

Michelle :

turn on the printer and tell me if you still have the error

Customer:

I still have the error OxF1

Michelle :

The error OxF1is basically triggered from a paper jam however you need to open it up as much that you can access or see if something is really stuck,The electrical sensor and parts which receives signal from the mechanical paper sensor to detect jam may have issues either there is dust on it or its gone bad and might need to be replaced. You can first open up the printer and blow air in it use a compressed air to remove all dust. If it doesnt work then then the printer needs a repair due to sensor issue.

Customer:

I will try that , but it is brand new , never used and looks really clean on the inside.

Michelle :

if this is brand new then you have a good advantage

Michelle :

you can get a new printer in replacement.

Michelle :

do you have the support replacement number to call

Michelle :

your printer is in warranty and you will get a replacement for this as the error is for paper jam and if you have checked all possible ways for a paper jam and have not found then it will be covered under warranty for a replacement

Customer:

It is very clean and does not work . No body answers from Epson. I guess that is it then if you have no other ideas.

Michelle :

Call 1-800-237-4277 (1-800-BE-SHARP)

Michelle :

did the printer work anytime

Michelle :

call in the day time 9am to 8pm

Customer:

no , just bought it (last week), put the driver in computer and never worked. The new printer start up screen is all I see before the error code com es on. Should a list of error codes be avalable it is not on the on line manuel.

Michelle :

i understand its a factory faulty piece.

Michelle :

dont worry call the number i gave in the day time business hrs and you will get a replacement

Michelle :

Is there anything else i may assist.

Customer:

no thanks

Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert