Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Brother MFC-J615W Will not print from E-mails with only print

being E-mail addresses in the...
Brother MFC-J615W Will not print from E-mails with only print being E-mail addresses in the text I want copied.
11/11/2013
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.

what email program are you printing from ?

Microsoft!!

do you mean a web based email program like Hotmail that you get to from your web browser ?

if so you cant use the print button on the web browser

there will be a special print icon ON THE PAGE ITSELF that you can use and that will format the page correctly for the printer to be able to print it.

I use the icon on the e-mail to print but only get the e-mail address to print out with rest of page BLANK

what website are you using is that outlook.com ?

I'm on AOL but do not know if that's what you're asking

Do not know what outlook.com is !!

what exact steps do you take to get your email ?

can you send me a screen shot of what it looks like maybe ?

Screen shot instructions

hold alt button down hit print screen button release buttons

click start menu / all programs / accesories / paint

click edit / paste

click file / save as

save as a jpg file in my pictures

on the top of this window click the insert button it should be a paper clip to right of the smiley face.

click browse.

click browse in the 2nd window that pops up

browse to the file you just saved in my pictures

click ok

click insert back in the first window

I go online..AOL..& get listing of E-mails which are then opened with a click & review & if any are needed to print..click that page icon or the "tools" icon to print

ok I am going to opt out here I am sorry but its the end of the day for me and it sounds like you might be using aol mail but I really am not sure. somebody else that is more familiar with it and has more time tonight will pick up and work with you.
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Hello and thanks for your question. I am another expert and I will be happy to help you.

What is the OS of your computer ?

for eg: windows 7, 8 etc.

Regards

Windows 7 !!

Would you like me to remote in and solve the problem ?

Regards

Fine with me as long as YOU GUARANTEE NO mis-use of any info.!!

Bill

Don't worry, I assure you that none of your information would be misused.

You will be continously monitoring my work on your screen.

Please follow this link: https://join.me/

Then click on the orange 'start meeting' button, then download and install the join.me program. Open it up thereafter, then click 'Share' - you will be provided with a 9-digit code accordingly.

Just tell me the 9-digit code, and I'll be remotely connected. Thanks!

Went to site & clicked "Start Meeting" & got "download didn't start"

Made multiple attempts !!

Let me clarify,

It didn't download. Did you get any error message ?

Regards

Nope..... Just" Download didn't start"

What is your internet browser ?

for eg: Internet explorer, firefox etc.

Regards

Just got the Join Me downloaded & Code # XXXXX XXXXX

Browser is Internet Explorer

Correct Code is XXXXXXXXX ..Guess I entered too many #'s Sorry

The code is being blocked.

Please use space between the codes.

Regards

110-631-683

I will connect with you within 5 minutes.

Thanks!

O.K. You will have to walk me thru this as you can see I'm not computer savy !!

Tx, Bill

Sure !
Your problem have been solved. Please rate this answer to close.

Regards
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer