Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Replaced cartridge in printer. Copies come out blank. Any

suggestions?...
Replaced cartridge in printer. Copies come out blank. Any suggestions?
10/28/2013
Nathan, Engineer

Nathan :

Hello, and welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’ll be assisting you today.

First a brief overview of the process: This is a live chat format, so I’ll need to communicate back and forth with you. You’ve already paid a deposit or membership to post your question here. I am an independent tech, and am volunteering my time unpaid until our chat is concluded. At that time I’ll request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face to close out our chat. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer and my goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. You may receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel I’ve earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question instead. You are rating me personally, not this site or your product and negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

_________________________

Nathan :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble,

Nathan :

does this happen when printing from the computer, as well as when making a photocopy on the machine?

Nathan :

Does it happen with both black and color?

Customer:

Barely prints in red ink through the computer. Replaced black cartridge and it acts as if the cartridge is empty whenin fact it is new.

Nathan :

Okay, thanks for the info,

Nathan :

this isn't a cartridge isssue,

Nathan :

These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head.

Nathan :

You can try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function, if it doesn’t work try it a second time. If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning.

Nathan :

I see you've rated me with "poor service". Have you attempted the steps I've suggested?

Nathan :

If so, and it didn't work, there are other steps to take, which I'll be happy to guide you through.

Nathan :

But giving me a negative rating, when I've spent my time and efforts in a good faith attempt to help you will not fix anything, you only harm my professional reputation.

Hi Paul, it seems the live chat was malfunctioning, please view my earlier notes above ( http://www.justanswer.com/printers/82ycu-replaced-cartridge-printer-copies-blank.html )

and you can get back to me with the orange Reply button.

Thanks,

Thanks. Cleaning printheads worked

Great! Glad to hear it. If the issue should come back, I'll be happy to advise further on the deep cleaning steps.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a good day,
Nathan, Engineer
Nathan, Engineer