Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I replaced the black ink cartridge on my Epson Stylus NX230

and now it won't print...
I replaced the black ink cartridge on my Epson Stylus NX230 and now it won't print text. It will print images with black in it so I know the cartridge is working. Is there something I need to do with the settings? Thanks!
10/28/2013
Sudipto, Engineer
Thank You!! for posting your Question.My name is XXXXX XXXXX today I will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

Can you try to copy any document, in which there is only black text present and let me know ?

It came out completely blank.

Did the problem started, after you replaced the cartridges or do you have replaced the cartridges, due to this problem ?

After I replaced the cartridge. It was a new printer and this was the first time I replaced it. I don't have the old cartridge.

If you are facing the same problem, while copying documents, then the problem can be with the new cartridge or the printhead nozzles, the black color you can see on the photos are actually a mixture of all colors, when ever the printer is unable to print the black ink, the printer mix all colors and make the black on the photos, this will not happen in case of text, do you have tried anything else to solve the problem, except Restoring defaults, turning black/grayscale on and off ?

No, that is all I tried. So you think I have a defective cartridge?

It can be confirmed, only after you try to clean the printhead and then copy any black document, if it is still blank then, just change the cartridge from the shop and please check the cartridge before replacing for the protective tape on the nozzles.

You can open the link below, then watch the video for the instructions to clean the printhead, printhead cleaning is used to solve print quality problem, like this one.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player

Please remember to reply me back for any further queries, otherwise remember to give positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.
Sudipto, Engineer
Sudipto, Engineer