Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Oxc19a0022 in k problemhow do I fix it please

Oxc19a0022 in k problem'how do...
Oxc19a0022 in k problem'how do I fix it please
10/20/2013
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Can you please open the printer cover and let me know, if the cartridges can move to the center/replacement position or seems to be jammed ?

yes the cartridges can move to the centre

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX see anything like, "Ink System Failure" before the error code ?

the cartridges are not jammed the move freely

Do you see anything like, "Ink System Failure" before the error code ?

I have tried to do nothing yet

Are you getting my replies, because I have asked you twice, if you see anything like, "Ink System Failure" before the error code or not ?

sorry I replied that yes there is an ink system failure notice on the printer screen

Sorry Charles, I though you are not getting my replies, as I didn't got your reply regarding that question. Now, in most of the cases the problem you are facing can be caused by defective printhead or due to some defective spares in the ink system, like the pump etc. But from my experience, I have seen the maximum number of cause is the defective printhead. We can only try to solve the problem, just by cleaning or replacing the printhead, because if anything else is defective, then repairing cost will be very high and may be same as the price of a refurbished or new printer.

So, you can try the steps below to remove the printhead, then clean the contacts on the printhead with IP alcohol and a cotton swab, after that dry the printhead with a soft lint free cloth and reseat the printhead, if the problem does not get solve then, you have to replace the printhead, you can get the replacement printhead from any local computer shop or online shops like ebay etc.

1. Press the Power button to turn on the product, if it is not already on.
  2. Raise the cartridge access door until it locks into place.The carriage moves to the center of the product. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before continuing.Figure 1: Raise the cartridge access doorIllustration: Raise the cartridge access door
  3. To release an old cartridge, press in the tab on the front of the cartridge, and then pull upwards to remove it from the slot.Figure 2: Remove the cartridgesIllustration: Remove the cartridges
  4. Repeat the previous step to remove each cartridge.

Step two: Remove the printhead

1. Lift the latch handle on the carriage until it stops. Figure 3: Life the latch handleIllustration: Life the latch handle
  2. Lift the printhead to remove it from the carriage.Figure 4: Remove the old printheadIllustration: Remove the old printhead
  3. Clean the contacts on the printhead, as well as clean the electrical contacts inside the product
Illustration: Clean the electrical contacts inside the product
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
I have spent $44 on nothing so far my printer still does not work I really do not know what to do at this moment. I have just returned home from being away on business and I am contemplating what my next move will be CFMoore
First of all, I can see that the value of this question is $28, so I don't know, why you are saying that, you have spend $44 for this question, then if you see my reply carefully, you will two things, first I have asked you to clean the printhead to solve the problem and if the problem does not get solve, then you have to replace the printhead to solve the problem, I can understand, how it feels, when a working machine suddenly stop functioning, but as this is a hardware fault, you have to replace the defective spare for to solve the problem, as it is not possible for me to do that. If you need any help in finding the replacement printhead, then you can reply me back, I am always here to help you.

Before you check for the replacement printhead, please look for refurbished printer, because those printer have full one year warranty and you can get them in heavily discounted price, like $40 or $50 etc.
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer