Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a new PC running Windows 8; I have an Epson RX580 All-In-One;

when I go to print...
I have a new PC running Windows 8; I have an Epson RX580 All-In-One; when I go to print a picture, I no longer have any choices to print on 4x6 paper, only full size paper and something call A4. I used to be able to choose text, glossy, various sizes, etc. I have updated my drivers. Can you help?
10/20/2013
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

Hello Michelle! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer and computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please tell me how you updated the drivers? Did you download and update the driver from the Epson website?

Can you press at the same time the two keys Windows and Pause on your keyboard, then let me know if your system type is 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please let me know. Thank you,

I downloaded the drivers from Epson website; 64bit; downloaded the drivers and utilities file "epson15177"

Can you try to go to Control panel, Hardware and Sound, Devices and Printers, then right-click on the Epson... printer, then select Printer properties, then check around and see if you can set up custom paper size..?

Thank you

Properties shows - paper available Letter; this is the only choice. Max resolution 360dpi; preferences shows only choice is orientation; going to advanced only shows paper/output with 2 choices: paper size (letter) and copy count (allows to be changed). The drivers says "Epson ESC/P-R V4 class driver". I checked the Security as well; I have permissions for print, manage printer, and manage documents.

Can you uninstall the Epson program, and delete the Epson printer in Devices and Printers
, then download and install it again:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=72106&BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_W_8-64

There is no option for you to set custom paper size?

Thank you

It requires a reboot. will this still work if I don't do that?

Please reboot, then download and reinstall, thanks.

if it doesn't work how do I continue to work with you?

Please bookmark / add to favorites this web page and/or check your email for message from JustAnswer later in order to get back to me via this web page. Thank you

ok. thanks.

You're welcome. Thank you
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician