Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I recently changed my wireless router security settings and

now don't get my 3060A...
I recently changed my wireless router security settings and now don't get my 3060A J611 series printer to connect. I don't find my original installation disc and also don't find a WPS button on my router
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2013
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Shefin :
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Shefin :
Please let me know when you are ready.
Customer:

Ready

Shefin :

You have to setup wireless again on your printer.

Shefin :

Are you using Windows 7 as operating system?

Customer:

OK how, I'm stuck. Must I have the set up disk?

Customer:

Yes windows 7

Shefin :

If you do not have the disc, we will download the driver?

Shefin :

Have you installed the printer using USB cable

Customer:

OK, bear in mind that the printer is already installed or must the driver be re-installed to pick up the revised router?

Customer:

No there is no cable attached

Shefin :

On the Windows taskbar, click the Windows Start icon, click All Programs , click HP , click the folder for your HP printer, and then click the icon for your HP printer. The printer software opens.

Customer:

Done

Shefin :

Click Printer Setup & Software Selection .

Customer:

I have choice "new printer" or "add new software"

Shefin :

Do you see Convert a USB connected printer to wireless?

Customer:

No such choice must I connect the printer to the PC using a cable

Shefin :

If so, we will download and install the driver.

Shefin :
Please click Start button and select Devices and Printers.
Customer:

Done

Shefin :

Right click on the printer name and select Remove Device/Delete.

Shefin :

Remove all the printers that you are not using.

Customer:

done

Shefin :
Then, get into Control panel and select Uninstall a Program (listed under Programs).
Customer:

I'm there

Shefin :
Uninstall all printer related programs listed over there.
Customer:

Last one started

Shefin :

Okay.

Customer:

Done

Shefin :
Please go to the link given below, select your operating system (E.g. Windows 7, 64 bit), then click next.
Shefin :

Select Driver - Product Installation Software and under that, click HP Deskjet Full Feature Software and Drivers. Then click Download. Download and install the software.

Shefin :

Please let me know when you start the installation.

Customer:

There are more than 1 site www8.hp, h20000, driver.com etc

Customer:

Sorry did not see the link

Shefin :

Just click to the link I have given, and select your operating system.

Customer:

Ready to download, take it I select Driver installation software

Shefin :

Customer:

Done

Shefin :

Is it downloading?

Customer:

Busy , done

Shefin :

Okay.

Shefin :

Install the driver.

Shefin :

Choose Wireless as network option.

Customer:

Where do I find the download to install

Shefin :

AFter downloading it, the installation will start automatically.

Shefin :

Please wait.,

Customer:

Should I have chosen run or save for the download

Shefin :

It is better to select Save.

Customer:

I chose run does it make a difference

Shefin :

No, it will start the installation automatically.

Shefin :

Please wait.

Customer:

Don't see anything happening

Shefin :

I think it is still downloading.

Customer:

There was a window saying 24 MB downloaded

Shefin :

No. it is more than 24 MB.

Customer:

There it goes now, do I ask for all 3 options, product improvement and update

Customer:

Installing

Shefin :

Yes.

Shefin :

Okay.

Customer:

Started 3 of 4

Shefin :

During the installation, select wireless as connection type.

Shefin :

And it will ask for wireless option.

Shefin :

Then, select Wireless Setup using USB connect.

Shefin :

Then, connect the USB cable to the computer and printer.

Customer:

Wireless selected and cable connected, message waiting for USB connection to complete

Shefin :

Okay.

Customer:

OK now at screen asking for network setup

Shefin :

Enter your wireless name and network key.

Customer:

OK done and next select those to be stored on printer?

Shefin :

What does it ask for?

Customer:

Whether I want to install router settings on printer.

Shefin :

Yes.

Shefin :

Select that.

Customer:

Following that route I got to a point where it connected, printed test page done! Well done!!

Shefin :

Remove the USB cable and try printing anything.

Customer:

Cable is out, selected a random piece of printing and it worked, thank you!!!

Shefin :

Great!

Shefin :

I am glad to hear that!

Shefin :
If you are happy with the response or the issue gets resolved, please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.
Customer:

Thanks Shefin, there is only one rating choice on my screen, the one on the far right hand side!!!