Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I added my Canon printer to the devices in Windows 8, but my

I added my Canon printer to the devices in Windows 8, but my Canon does not show up on any print menu, either in Windows (e.g. printing from the desktop) or Office 2013.

Hello Sandra! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the exact model of your Canon printer? How did you add your canon printer to the devices? Does it show any other printer or device in any print menu?

Can we do a remote session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please let me know. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is a Canon MP610 (also frequently called a Pixma).

There are four devices listed in the print menus; none is an actual printer. And in clicking on my "Inkjet Multifunctional Printer," which is my Canon, I see that in the description it says "no driver is available." Sorry: should have noticed that before. Windows 8 didn't list my Canon model, so I followed its instructions to go on-line someplace that only Windows 8 knows; found my model, and I thought downloaded the driver. Evidently, I didn't!

Do you know where this driver is located, how I can download it, and then tell me what to do?

I have found the windows 8 driver for your printer model. Please click on the website below (and select your operating system windows 8 if it's not selected yet), then click on Drivers, then you can download and install the item "MP610 series MP Driver Ver. 1.01 (Windows 8 x64..."

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mp_series/pixma_mp610#DriversAndSoftware

Does that work? Or if you'd like to, we can set up a remote session, so I can do all these steps, so you don't have to do it yourself.

Please click on the Reply to Expert tab below and reply back to me, so I can help further as needed. Thank you very much.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That worked. Thank you. An easy $38 bucks for your organization because I'm a dummy...but so it goes!

Thanks, again.

Great. You're welcome. If you need anything else in the future, please let me know any time. We fix all kinds of computer issues. Also, can you please rate my service by clicking on the smiley face above, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much