Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Hey Carl, I installed Revo, uninstalled all Epson files,

Hey Carl, I installed Revo, uninstalled...
Hey Carl,

I installed Revo, uninstalled all Epson files, rebooted, and still getting an error message that the driver device package did not install
9/5/2013
Carl L
Carl L, Master Technician
Interesting. Which version of Windows are you running and is it 32 or 64 bit?

32 bit

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX version of windows are you running? XP, Vista, 7?

7.

i hate it.Laughing

7's come a long way since it was first introduced. Lots and lots of bugs but most of them have finally been patched.

What I want you to do is download and install the latest Full Driver Software Package from Epson HERE. Let me know if that works any better for you.

OK, will try this. ive done it once before but not since ive removed all of the previous files.

Ok, let me know how it goes. If you still can't get it to work, we can install just the basic Print and Scan Software from here: https://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=183585&BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_W_7-32. What you want is here:

graphic

Install the Printer Drivers first then the Scan Driver. This will allow you to completely bypass the Fax Utility that never gets used.

This is the message I received when I only ran the "driver" file, and tried to override the fax utility, as dicussed......

sorry, Im getting tired. Ive been at this all day.

I think you have a driver corrupted. I see this a lot and it takes a few tricks to fix but I can definitely fix it. It maybe easier for me to just remotely connect to you for a little bit and fix this. If you like, we can reschedule this for tomorrow or a day that works for you.
Really??
That would be awesome!!
Do you want to log on now?
Sure thing. Give me just one sec to get you a link to connect me.

Sounds good

Ok Mike, all you need to do to get me connected is to click on this link then enter in the code wyug: http://166.78.231.170:8040/.

I'll open us a chat box when connected so we can communicate.
Hey Mike,

It's 4:30am over here in FL and I've tried every possible avenue possible and the amount of corruption in the system files and registry is just too great for me to rewrite and rebuild.
The only resolution at this point is a backup and reinstall of Windows 7. I wish I had better news but I'm beating a dead horse at this point.

Let me know if I can help out in answering in questions going forward.

Thanks,
Carl L

Oh man,

you did everything, I watched as long as i could.

I am not even sure how to back up and reinstall windows 7, haha.

I haven't spent that much time on corruption in a long time! For the amount of data that you have, you would need to get an external hard drive to backup all of your data. Once it's all backed up, use the built in System Restore Partition to revert back to Factory Defaults. This erases everything and reinstalls your Windows 7 Software automatically.

Once it reinstalls, you will have to reinstall all of your Programs again since they are not transferable. Once your programs are installed, you can transfer your backed up data back to your computer.

Shitty,

Haha, but thanks so much, now how do I pay you?

I know and I wish there was an easier way Mike.

To compensate me, simply select 'Excellent Service' below, then on the next page you'll be given the option to leave a bonus. I'm given 75% of what you put in there but it's optional of course.

Let me know if I can help you with anything in the future.

Best Regards,
Carl
Carl L
Carl L, Master Technician
Carl L
Carl L
Carl L, Master Technician