Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My Epson XP-300 wont print black ink. It makes copies with

My Epson XP-300 won't print...
My Epson XP-300 won't print black ink. It makes copies with black ink but won't print any of the black ink on printouts from Word 2010, Outlook or the Epson results page. This first started after something in my computer changed the font on a portion of a Word document I was working on from black standard to blue italic and to a new font type.
8/13/2013
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

S H E F I N :
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Customer:

ok

S H E F I N :

A brief overview of the process: I’ll need to communicate back and forth with you. I am an independent tech, and volunteering my time unpaid until our chat is concluded. At that time I’ll request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face to close out our chat. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer and my goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. If you don’t feel I’ve earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question. You are rating me personally, not this site or your product and negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

Customer:

ok

S H E F I N :

You are able to copy in black, but unable to print in black. Right?

Customer:

yes

S H E F I N :

Have you tried printing in greyscale?

Customer:

yes

S H E F I N :

What response are you getting while printing in greyscale?

Customer:

white paper - no black print

S H E F I N :

Have you tried to print a test page and checked the response?

Customer:

I can't get to the test page but I tried to print a "results" page after resetting some of the Epson printer settings and all I got was a white page. It sounds like it's printing, but there's no print on the page.

S H E F I N :

I apologize that I did not get your response.

S H E F I N :

Could you please type it in again?

Customer:

S H E F I N :

Okay.

S H E F I N :

First, we will try cleaning the printhead.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

I'm cleaning the head now

S H E F I N :

S H E F I N :

Press the home button on your printer.

Customer:

I did that and it's in the cleaning process now

S H E F I N :

Alright.

S H E F I N :

After that, try Printhead alignment too.

Customer:

ok

S H E F I N :

Okay.

Customer:

It's taking a long time to clean the printhead - seems like

S H E F I N :

Please wait and check.

Customer:

OK it's done cleaning. Should I press "Finish" or "Proceed?"

Customer:

I'm doing the print alignment

S H E F I N :

Okay.

Customer:

My printer is okay - I just printed a Word document and all the black ink printed.

Customer:

thank you -

S H E F I N :
If you are happy with the response or the issue gets resolved, please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.
S H E F I N :

Do you have any questions?

Customer:

Thank you. No questions. You've solved the problem for me; I believe it was the printhead needing cleaning that caused the trouble. My only regret is that your responses were slow so that I suspected you were working with more than one client at the time.