Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a Cannon Pixma MX885 and a MacBook Pro. When I try

I have a Cannon Pixma MX885 and a MacBook Pro. When I try to scan documents as an attachment to an email the document is on the email as a page rather than an attachment. What am I doing wrong?
Hello!
I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today. Please Reply to me with doubts / questions till you are 100% satisfied.

Did you try to scan the document as a normal Image or PDF file and save on desktop ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I think I tried both methods, not entirely sure though!

Please do this and let me know result via the REPLY TO EXPERT button.
Do NOT RATE this answer till your problem is solved.

Now, scan that document and SAVE it on desktop (or anywhere in your computer) as a Jpeg (photo) or PDF file.

Then open your email account, Compose a new email and Attach the scanned file in the email.

Let me know result via the REPLY TO EXPERT button.

If this helped, please go ahead and RATE this answer with SMILEY face (GOOD / EXCELLENT) so that I get credited for my answer through this website.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have followed your instructions and have been able to attach the pdf file from my desktop, However when I open the attachment I have access to all the files on my computer..... not exactly what I want to send to the mail recipient!!

The receiver of the email will received only the particular file that you attach with the email. They will not receive any other file on your computer, dont worry.

When you open your own attachment, it gets saved to a location on your own computer. And hence you can see the other files on your computer.

So, you can safely send any file you want to anyone as an Attachment to an email.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks Andy, you've saved me hours of desperately trying to do something that I was unable to do. I appreciate your help. Lorraine

Smile

You are most welcome !

BONUS is always appreciated :)

Take care!