Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Canon Pixma MX922 printer, copier & scanner not responding.

Customer Question
Need help setting up a...

Need help setting up a Canon Pixma MX922 Printer, copier, scanner. We can't get it to work or recognize the computer.

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Printers
4/21/2013
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 4 years ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the printer issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or Mac computer?

Is there any error when setting up the printer? Are you stuck at any step?

Do you connect the printer to the computer with the USB cable?

Mac. As soon as we try to print something it appears in the print que and then the printer does not respond. We did not connect printer to computer with USB cable because it is a wireless printer. However, we went back and tried to use a USB cable we had (they didn't give us one) and connected it to the computer. Nothing worked. Same results. Nothing. It will print test sheets but only from printer, not computer.

What's the brand/model of your wireless modem/router?

Did you follow the instructions to connect via the USB cable or via wireless?

Wireless instructions:
http://www.usa.canon.com/CUSA/assets/app/pdf/wireless/additl_MX922_Mac.pdf

Please let me know any step you are stuck at. Thank you

The wireless modem/router is netgear. It doesn't give the model. We got through the entire set-up and printed the test page. Not sure In the the administrator name and password was correct. DID get a message that said if we clicked the wrong thing we could lose our cable provider connection.

You can check at the back/bottom of the netgear router for the model.

When you enter the administrator name and password; it's for your Mac computer. If it does not take it, it will give an error.

Can you go to the menu/settings on the printer's screen and make sure it is connected to wireless?

Sorry, I gave the wrong wireless setup instructions; please see at

http://www.usa.canon.com/CUSA/assets/app/pdf/wireless/setup_MX922_Mac.pdf

We tried to connect by using the wireless connection and my husband says it responds that it is connected. It will do everything but printing word documents from the computer. It appears in the print que and then it disappears. We believe it would not appear in the print que if it was not connected. The link seems to be established. But when we hit print nothing happens in the printer. That is the main problem.

I'm sorry, do you mean it prints everything, such as web pages or pictures, etc., but not Word documents? Thank you

We haven't tried Web pages or pictures. We don't know how to do that yet.

Just open a web page and print (or print this web page), or print an email message. Thank you

Right now it is still trying to connect to the access point. I did get the preview of the print to work and I did press print. The wireless image on the printer (in the front) is flashing.

We just got a timeout error again.

It is asking us to redo the wireless LAN setup again.

OK, the first thing is to go to the setup/menu on the printer's screen and check the wireless/LAN/Wi-Fi/etc. option there, and make sure it's connected first, then we'll continue. Yes, please redo the wireless LAN Setup to see if it can connect. Thank you.

Should we hit the Standard setup or the WPS or other setup on the printer menu? We have those choices.

Try standard setup. Thank you

How do we enter the passphrase? A keyboard shows up but we can't seem to enter any passphrase.

What happens when you tap on any key on the keyboard? Thanks

We got the keyboard to work, entered the right pass phrase and it won't respond to the done button when we hit enter.

Is there any other button/option on the printer you can tap on? Such as Done/OK, etc.?

Press the Function button (A) after entering the passphrase (it is case-sensitive.) Thank you

Yes, I hit the complete setup and it says it is connected to the access point. Should we hit the WLAN setup, template print, web service or what option now. Those are the choices.

Since it's connected to access point, then just exit the menu. Then see if you can print.

If you cannot print:

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences and click Print & Fax.

2. Select the canon printer in the list, if it's there, and click the Delete (-) button.

, then re-add the network printer in Print & Fax.

Thank you,

What list? We can get print and fax to show up but what list?

After opening Print & Fax, do you see the canon printer there ? If yes, delete it. Thanks

I see the Canon printer. How do we delete it? Do you want me to choose "reset printing system" button? That is an option.

OK, reset printing system and see if you can print.

If not, select the Canon printer, then click on the - (minus) button at the bottom to delete

, then click on the + (plus) button to re-add the printer. Thanks.

There are 2 choices Bonjour or Canon IJ or U network. We used the Bonjour and it did not work so we used Canon U and it did not print.

Does it detect your printer when you add? Thanks

It will not auto select and the Printer Software does not show up on the list of possible printer software.

when you click on the + (plus) button in Print & Fax , it does not show any printer? Thanks

It shows 2 MX920 series One is a Canon U or IJ Network and the other is Bonjour, both listed under the word Kind.

Sorry, please cancel it, and delete the canon printer again if it shows in Print & Fax, then insert the Canon printer cd disk, and follow the steps starting on page 7 at the website below:

Please let me know if it's able to finish all the steps. Thank you

After he had us delete our printer and we put in the CD for the Pixmas MX 920 series printer (922) the CD now will not work at all. It keeps coming out.

You've given me a negative feedback, but did not reply back to me previously. Please wait until we are finish. Since the disk does not work, please download and install the printer driver at the website below:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/office_all_in_one_inkjet_printers/pixma_mx922#DriversAndSoftware

; select your operating system MAC and OS version, then click on Drivers, then download and install the printer driver.

Please just reply, so I can help further. Thank you

I clicked on download but it doesn't seem to be installing. We have a MAC Os X version 10.6.8 but that isn't on the list. Is that Snow Leopard? Anyway, it won't install. Do we have to open it somewhere?

it's Snow leopard. What happens when open the downloaded file mcpd-mac-mx920-10_72_2-ea13.dmg? Thanks

When I put the cd into the drive the computer hums of r aminute than spit it back out. No files are downloaded.

Don't use the CD. but go to the website below:

Jason Jones, Technician