Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am still having problems with the Epson WF 2540 after the…

I am still having problems...
I am still having problems with the Epson WF 2540 after the first tech I chatted with told me to put in a new black ink cartridge. I still have the "Document jammed inside' error message.
4/2/2013
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
PRINTERCAT :

Try these solutions:
Cancel the print job from your computer, if necessary.

1. Gently pull out any jammed paper from the output tray and sheet feeder.

2. Lift up the scanner unit.

PRINTERCAT :

Full Size Image

PRINTERCAT :

Caution: Do not touch the flat white cable inside the printer.

Caution: Do not lift up the scanner unit when the document cover is open.

PRINTERCAT :

Full Size Image

PRINTERCAT :

Remove any jammed paper or torn pieces.

Customer:

We have already done that, there is no paper jam. The tech I chatted with a couple of hours ago said to change out the black ink cartidge, that if the ink is low it will cause the "jammed document" error message.

PRINTERCAT :

after changing the cartridge the error is sill there correct?

Customer:

Yes, still getting the same error message.

PRINTERCAT :

without turning off the power on the computer pull the power cable out from the wall

PRINTERCAT :

let the printer be powered off for 2 mins

Customer:

Do I turn the power off on the printer??

PRINTERCAT :

no

PRINTERCAT :

unplug the power from the wall outlet which is connected to the printer.

Customer:

okay, we are unplugging the printer from the wall outlet right now.

PRINTERCAT :

alright

Customer:

will chat with you in a minute....

PRINTERCAT :

ok

Customer:

after 2 minutes are we supposed to plug it back in? Power the printer on?

PRINTERCAT :

yes

PRINTERCAT :

and then open the cover and remove the cartridges

PRINTERCAT :

let me know if the error changes after you remove the cartridges

Customer:

my husband is working on it ...it is taking awhile to power up....

PRINTERCAT :

ok

Customer:

when we powered it back up we got a message to reinstall the black printer cartridge

Customer:

It takes a minute or so for it to charge the ink....sorry....

PRINTERCAT :

no issues please take all your time.

PRINTERCAT :

please be sure the cartridge which you have installed doesnt have any packaing material still on.

Customer:

seems to be working okay now. Thank you! What do I do now?

Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert