Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Hi, I have error message 5030 on Cannon Pixma 8250. What can…

Hi, I have error message...
Hi, I have error message 5030 on Cannon Pixma 8250. What can I do with it. Thanks Pavel
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/13/2013
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Technician
Hi and Welcome to Just Answer/Pearl, my name is XXXXX XXXXX will be assisting you with your issue today. Please rate my answer at the end of the session.

Please try to reseat the ink carts and print head. I believe your model has a removable print head assembley which can be extracted by a lever on the head.

This error can stem from the print heading not responding.

Please advise.

FYI I tried to open the service manual for your model but the uk site is down.

I will do the best with what I have.

Thanks Mike

Dear XXXXX,

thanks for response!

I can't reseat ink carts as they don't pull out from their parking place. The printer is on showing this message. Can I do some HW reset of the printer?

Thanks

Pavel

Unfortunately resetting the printer wont make any difference if the carts are jammed in the head.

Are you following proper procedures to extract the them? just jammed and wont come out?

They are not jamed. Because of this message the printer dosn't response to anything only shows this message 5030.

Thanks

Pavel

So you can get them out? I am confused now.

Give me a little time, I need to get the technical documents up for your model
Ok it finally opened up. The 4 digit numeric code is within the printer error guidelines.

This error means that there is a mechanical fault within the printer and most times is not solvable by the the customer. This is why it isnt responding in any way.

When this error occurs it shuts itself down and displays only this error to prevent any further damage. Due to your models design, you will have to take it in for repair my friend.

There is a high chance that the carriage or the head will need to be replaced as these are included within the mechanical fault. these are expensive items to get replaced especially if the carriage has become defective.

If the printer is under warranty, they will most likely replace it with no problems.

If its out of warranty, get an estimate only as this will probably cost an arm and a leg to get repaired. You can then make the best financial decision based on the estimate.

Often the repairs can equal the cost of the printer. Just looking out for your best interests. You definately will not be able to fix this your self as its an internal issue.

Thanks Mike

I pooled it out by hand and did reseating and pushed it back. Now it works again! :-) Thanks Pavel

Glad my advice worked for you :-)

I hope I have earned an excellent service rating from you

Ensure to rate the answer so I can be paid for helping you today from your deposit

Regards, Mike

Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Technician