Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Im getting an error message pring unable 40 on my Brother…

I'm getting an error message...

I'm getting an error message pring unable 40 on my Brother MFC-9325CW

I unplugged the printer and left if off line for a few minutes. That seems to have fixed the problem. Is is too late to cancel my question?

12/18/2012
Colin Vincent
Colin Vincent, Engineer

Colin Vincent :

Hi and welcome my name is Colin

The unable 40 error is a fault with the OPC belt (usually a problem with rotation, very stiff etc) but it could be mis aligned after the jam. Have you tried removing and re inserting the OPC belt at all to see if it clears ?

Customer:

I unplugged it and left it off line for a little bit and that seems to have fixed it.

Colin Vincent :

Ok no problem, that's a nice easy fix for you. Let me know if any problem returns when you try and use it.

Colin Vincent
Colin Vincent, Engineer