Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

HP Photo Plus printer won't print, the paper comes out blank. What's wrong?

My printer isn't printing anything...
My printer isn't printing anything. It goes through the motions but the paper comes out blank. I put new ink in, took the print head out and put it back in,(as directed by the printer). It will no longer scan to the computer but will take comands from the computer but doesn't print. It's a HP Photo Plus
10/29/2012
jctservice
jctservice, Technician

jctservice :

Hi there! I'm Joey, and I'm happy to assist you today!

jctservice :

It sounds like you may need to update your printer's software driver. I see you have a photo plus printer-- can you give me the exact model number? I will locate the updated software for you and we'll see if it resolves your problem.

Customer:

It is a HP Photosmart Plus model # XXXXX The in cartriges are 564

jctservice :

great. Just a few while i gather some info here.

jctservice :

ok first, we are going to try to print a test page from the printer itself. this will tell us if is the printer, or the computer, causing the issue

jctservice :

1. Make sure there is plain white, letter-size paper loaded in the input tray.

2. On the control panel Home Screen, touch the right arrow to view more options.

3. Touch Setup .

4. Touch Tools .

5. Touch Printer Quality Report . The print quality diagnostic report prints.

jctservice :

just let me know if you need any additional help with those steps

jctservice :

and those, just to be clear, are on the PRINTER itself

Customer:

It printed ok

jctservice :

ok good. that means your ink is ok and the printer itself is working!

Customer:

should I try to rint from the lap top

jctservice :

yes go ahead and try that while i find the correct drivers --

jctservice :

if it still prints "blank" then we'll update the software drivers, then try again

Customer:

It 's blank

jctservice :

ok

jctservice :

Click this link to download the latest driver:

jctservice :

once it's done downloading, RUN or OPEN the file, and it will guide you through the installation process.

jctservice :

You may need to reboot your computer after the installation finished

jctservice :

once you've done all that, try to print again and let me know how it goes. i'll check back in with your shortly!

Customer:

I believe the installation was a success, it printed a test report, and I had it installed as" wireless". Should I disconnect the cable then try a wireless print?

jctservice :

Great! Go ahead and make sure the wireless is still working as well

jctservice :

your computer may list the printer twice -- once wired and once wireless -- so if that is the case, make sure to select the correct one for the wireless test

Customer:

Yea! ! ! It worked! Thank you so much. I thought I was going to have to buy a new printer.

jctservice :

perfect! You are quite welcome

jctservice :

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know… Just REPLY here at any time.

Thanks for using JustAnswer and have a great day!
__________________________________________________________
Please give me a positive rating if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!

Customer:

Is there a web site for HP where I can restore game that came with the computer that were deleated by mistake?

Customer:

I will give you a positive rating& a tip

jctservice :

hmm... what game?

jctservice :

(I appreciate it, thank you so much!)

jctservice :

you may also check your recycle bin in case you accidentally deleted the shortcut, but not the game

Customer:

Marjon

jctservice :

also, if you click the Start button -- and type the name of the game in the search box at the bottom, it may find it as well

jctservice :

and just for search, i believe it is spelled majong, but I may be wrong

Customer:

Mahjon

jctservice :

there you go

jctservice :

i think that's a windows game... if you click start, then all programs, then games -- it may still be there

jctservice :

there are websites you can play online, but they won't "restore" per say what you had before

Customer:

I hav checked deleted not there not, under games it is listed but when clicked on nothing comes up

Customer:

It is a widows game

jctservice :

very strange.. here's the process for installing

jctservice :

• 1

Click on the "Start" icon.

• 2

Click on "Control Panel."

• 3

Click on "Programs."

• 4

Select "Turn Windows features on or off."

• 5

Click on the "Games" check box and click on "OK."

jctservice :

however -- what you may have to do is UNCHECK the games box, click ok, let it finish, restart the computer

jctservice :

THEN - run through the process again and CHECK the games box back, click ok, to reinstall

Customer:

I'm searching.

Customer:

I have 4 progams working on restoreing marjon right now

Customer:

If unsucessul I'll come back Thanks again. Bye

jctservice
jctservice, Technician
jctservice
jctservice
jctservice, Technician