Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My MFC-7340 says on its screen: Drum Error: See Troubleshooting…

My MFC-7340 says on its...
My MFC-7340 says on its screen: Drum Error: See Troubleshooting and routine maintenance chapter in User's Guide. I went there and followed all the instructions but same message above remained on screen. So bought a new drum and fitted into printer with existing toner unit but still same message above remains on screen. What do I do?
10/24/2012
DrKlahn
DrKlahn, Engineer

DrKlahn :

Thanks for using JustAnswer, the internet's independent site for Q&A consultation. I'm XXXXX XXXXX, XXXXXnamed "DrKlahn."

Notice / disclosure: JustAnswer is a commercial Q&A site not associated with any computer hardware or software manufacturer. The "9 second" banner ad means that site-wide, we answer 400 questions per hour - not that questions are answered in 9 seconds.

Please send me a short message when you're online and ready to begin.

DrKlahn :

Good morning from the USA (06:00, GMT -0600). Is chat working properly for you today?

DrKlahn :

If you're having trouble with chat, please first try using your browser's "Reload" button to reload this session.

If that fails, try this: Bookmark (Firefox) or Favorite (Internet Explorer) this page in your browser. Close this window. Return to this page using the bookmark. This usually solves stubborn chat problems.

Customer:

What do I have to do to get my Brother MFC-7340 operating again?

DrKlahn :

I suggest that the first approach should be to reset the drum counter. Did you do this after replacing the drum unit?

Customer:

No. How do reset the drum counter?

DrKlahn :

It is not particularly difficult, but pictures are better than a description. One moment and I'll get you a link to the Brother web site where the process is described. If that fails we can look at alternatives; but this is the first thing to try.

DrKlahn :

I'll hold while you try this.

DrKlahn :

Did this solve the problem?

Customer:

OK

DrKlahn :

The problem was solved, then?

Customer:

Advice was very effective. Thank you

DrKlahn :

It is my pleasure to help. Is there any other computer-related problem I might be able to help you with today?

Customer:

That's it for now, thank you

DrKlahn :

Then I will not delay you further. Here is the closing dialogue ...

DrKlahn :

If anything in this answer is unclear, or you'd like something explained in more detail, don't hesitate to ask.

I've unlocked the Rating panel so that you can now Rate and close this question. However, closing a question does not mean our support has ended. You can continue to post comments or ask related questions in this session until the question eventually expires and is archived.

If this answer is unsatisfactory for any reason, do not rate or accept it. Close this browser session, let the question expire, and your question deposit will not be charged against.

Remember: Further discussion is always possible, even after an Answer has been accepted.

DrKlahn :

Thank you very much for using JustAnswer today, and we'll hope to see you again in the future. I'm XXXXX XXXXX, XXXXXnamed "DrKlahn," and I wish you a pleasant day in the land Down Under.

DrKlahn
DrKlahn, Engineer
DrKlahn
DrKlahn
DrKlahn, Engineer